IT IS RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcody

Reaction score
I hope it is not to little to late, but right now I will take what we can get. It is pouring here, first rain in months!!! Hope it keeps coming down, I reeally need to get a second cutting of hay. Bet the horses can not wait to roll in mud, I am sure they would like it if the grass turned green.

We've gotten it too this last week - finally. Had a long dry month or so, but yesterday there was flooding and road closures all around us. Seeing our property and our creek after nearly 10" of rain sure makes things interesting as far as barn and house plans.
wacko.gif

Jan

Rain? What's that? I have all this brown stuff that used to be grass. Weeds sure grow nicely.
new_shocked.gif

Good for you and please send it east to Connecticut. We need it badly.

Thanks for sending some up to Iowa we needed it here in the eastern area. I've been watering the grass also.

If there's more to spare we won't turn it down.

The last measurable rain we've had was July 3rd. Which is very unusual for our area.

Yes, it spat on the grass yesterday, here, too. That was it. It does look as if it might try again later
rolleyes.gif
I'm not holding my breathe. Opening up some more of the Winter grazing today, but at least it's still green as it has some length to it and a stream suns underground through it. I'm very lucky, most of southern England is a dust bowl and sprinklers are banned- not sure what the rulings for Agricultural land is, though, never heard of watering pasture, so I guess it's not allowed either. Market gardens can do it. Please God, time for the watering can
smile.gif

We gota half an inch, normally not much, but these days I will take anything! I think this is the first time the babies have seen mud. Moms had a great roll. I hated to clean them up, who knows when they will see it agan, but of course they got a good brushing before bed. Am I being greedy to hope for MORE?

Geeeesh! Want some water? Please come and take it!

My horses are turning the pasture into mud, shivering horses in the long big rains...

Have to keep the foals in.... The paddock is an ocean!

No please let the weather switch!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back