It is official

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary -

So glad Angel is better and the baby can be with her. There have been several cases of human WNV in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Glad your vet is so taken with the baby that he's spending time in the stall with them.

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery for her.

Gayle and Jackie Foster

Bella Alba Miniatures

Powderly, Texas

North of Paris, Texas and

5 miles south of the Red River

Mary- once your mini comes home recovery will be a snap. With the inflamation reduced/gone from the brain, they seem to just need time to recover their strength. In October 2002 my full size gelding contracted WNV, he was properly vaccinated that spring. 30 days after his WNV was diagnosed and treated I got on him to see if he "still worked." He did. I kicked him out in the pasture for the winter and he came back 100% that spring. I'm sure I could have ridden him through the winter but it seemed to me given how profound his WNV was that 90 days of R & R was quite in order.

Good luck w/ your little girl!

They claim that once a horse gets WNV they cant again, dont know that I believe that for sure. But, if its true, wonder if the mares antibodies will now protect the filly from ever contracting it?

Latest posts

Back