It has been confirmed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimom1

Reaction score
Well I got news today from the vet ... It has been confirmed that my 28.5" mare

that I bought in September is in foal. She apparently is not due until July and this

will be her 2 nd foal. I did not know when I decided to purchase her that she had been

bred. I found out the day I paid for her that she had been bred a week earlier but took

her anyway as she is a little darlin. She was bred to a 30.5" stallion.

I would not have bred her as she lost her last foal in July and was rebred in August.

Apparently she foaled out fine but the baby had some health problems. She was

purchased at an auction while in foal with the last one. Vet says she is 4 or 5 yrs.

Either way baby will have a home for life as will Momma !

I know I will be a nervous wreck come baby time but we have a long way to go.

Here is wishing a happy healthy foal for you and that your mare does fine. Foaling time is always nerve wracking, no matter how many years you do it, LOL

I have helped foal out many a large mare but never a mini - I will learn all that

I can and if all else fails my vet is only 10 minutes away.

I understand she foaled fine the first time but there was a problem with the foal.

I pray all goes well for her too and it is the last time she will be bred.

Congratulations!!! Hope you have a happy and healthy foaling!!!!
default_saludando.gif

May it all work out beautifully........

One positive (even though you didn't want her to be pregnant) is that she has foaled out before! This means her pelvis has been widened and may provide an easier avenue for this new little one...... And the fact that it's a July baby means you have some extra time to prepare.

Latest posts

Back