It couldn't have been a better weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
The weather cooperated up until the last 30 min of the show (hey, I was done and up at the barn
default_rolleyes.gif
), the VSE turnout was great, the grounds are amazing, and they fed us wonderful food!!

Al B and his lovely wife Susan were there--I hope Al has some pictures of the 4 in hand he was driving, and Susan had her pretty little mare Fanny. There were 3 of us: daughter Patty driving her gelding Erica's Gimmie Another Glance, her long time boyfriend Carter making his debut in the show ring with my mare SR Desert Sun, and myself with my mare DR's Hide A Way Elegant Echo in her first Carriage show (she has been a Single Pleasure, Park, and Roadster show horse for 6 or 7 years).

Lance is fresh off his win at Sunrise Ridge, Sunny and Echo have been working hard, and they were all so good. OK, Echo TRIED to be good. OMG. No header. Big loud scary things. Wide open spaces. Her first couple of classes were exercises in patience. The young driver to my left in the first driving class watched me with wide eyes in the lineup and said, "wow mom, that horse has a harder time sitting still than me in school!" Nevertheless, we managed to win Turnout and place second to Patty in Pleasure Driving. Which pretty much set the tone for the weekend; my daughter smoked me in everything from cones to marathon to dressage. She ended up not only High Point VSE but High Point Overall Horse for the weekend. I managed to come in Reserve VSE *sigh* I had several *BIG* world class drivers tell me Patty and Lance were the epitome of what a VSE should be.

Carter did so well--he and Sunny are going to make a great team. It was a huge learning curve, and he managed to place in most of his classes. Got beat by the kids in some of them but got a first in his turnout class and a couple of thirds in cones.

So--pictures!!

Carter and Sunny

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_1571.jpg

DSC_1579.jpg

Carter and Patty in Turnout: Formal or Country Vehicle

DSC_0485-1.jpg

Echo and I in Turnout: Easy Entry or Marathon Vehicle

DSC_0469.jpg

Pleasure Driving; the first picture is Susan B with Fanny and me with Echo

DSC_1341.jpg

Patty and Lance

DSC_1386.jpg

Echo

DSC_1401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now for the fun stuff! Sunday was informal dress for Marathon and 2 more cones classes, including Doubles: 2 drivers, one drives cones 1-10, exits the arena, switch reins to the second driver, they go back in and do the cones in reverse 10-1. Way too much fun!!

DSC_2091.jpg

DSC_2100.jpg

DSC_2119.jpg

a little comparison shot of me last year--I'm down 70#!!!!!! I'm sure my horses appreciate it as much as I do!!

DSC_2754.jpg

one last shot--I just love watching this horse mature. Look at his reach coming out of the hazard!!

DSC_1867.jpg

Dr. Pam, you look STUNNING!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_drool5.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_thumbup.gif
That jacket is to die for, you personally look great, and the turnout as a whole is amazing. Wow! I love this photo below:

Dr. Pam said:
Just lovely.
default_wub.png

Now obviously Lance has made some progress with his mental issues since last time you posted- what happened to turn the young man around? It's so great to see him out there working up to his potential!
default_aktion033.gif
Please tell Patty congratulations for me on her win and that I'm jealous she got her boyfriend on the box seat. Looks like you guys have been training him well, too!
default_biggrin.png

Texas is too hot for me but it might almost be worth heading down there someday just for shows like this. Way cool!

Leia

Wow you look great!

sounds like you had a great time. I really need to look into the CDE, it looks like it would so much fun!

Who is the manufacturer of your easy entry cart? I dont think I have ever seen one with shafts like that.

Looks like you had a wonderful day!!! You all look terrific as well as your horses. Congratulations on your placings.

Stunning!! You, your family,your horses, your carriages, carts.........what great day!! Thanks for the pictures!! I will try to stop the drool now!!

Thank you Leia! I'm still figuring out how to get you here to navigate for me so I can do Prelim! I had a couple of brain farts (nothing new there) and it cost me on marathon. Lance went to Sandi Costa last summer for "rehab"--she is amazing at retraining horses with issues. He came back sane and safe to drive again--he and I came in 2nd at Haven Hill in VSE Trianing Level in Nov. She also rehabbed a boarders horse that had been in a wreck; he is owned by a PMC girl and when they bought him I flatly stated he would never be safe for her to drive. Ashley and Teddy ended up Top Ten AllStar in PMC Pleasure for 2008.

Thank you for my turnout thumbs up! Patty is NOT happy with hers, she is going to revamp it plus we have to find Lance something besides his Houghton or Frontier EE cart. I am driving a Belcrown Marathon cart and Carter is showing Sunny in a Jerald with 30" wooden wheels. Patty and I have Chimacum Sport harnesses; Carter was using the top of the line Ozark CDE harness.

I really hope Journey's End comes on with her turnout pictures of her and her manly man Billy Ray; they were stunning and she makes everything herself!

WOw great pictures and you look wonderful so does Patty she is so grown up hard to believe how fast they grow!

Glad you had a great time I miss you guys

It was a fantastic weekend. The Pine Hill Pleasure Show in Bellville Texas is a great show for first timers. As a result, we get a lot of VSE entries. ( I think we had 10 + this year ? ) ( Do we count Al as 4 ? )

Came home last night and checked in only to discover we had lost Linda Best (Fred) yesterday.

Linda was a fellow driving enthusiast, horse lover, and farrier. She'll be missed on this forum.

Here's the best picture I managed to get of me and Mr. Billy Ray. (BTW, the only stallion entered in the show.)

DSC_1338.jpg

HAHA Pammy, Patty smoked you again!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Isn't that child amazing and boy, how the time flies.......she has sooooo grown up!

I love love love your turn outs. Carts and clothes wow! Horses at the top of their game, double wow! Holy mackeral you all looked fantastic and you sure know how to have fun over yonder. The pictures are really super nice. Now, please, send me that hat!!!!!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Congratulations on your weight loss!!! You look incredible. All of the turnouts are really beautiful. After seeing all the wonderful pictures, I am going to make one gentle comment...would you gals look for hats that are not black? Go for a lighter color that compliments your beautiful outfits. A straw would be nice for summer. Please don't take this the wrong way. I envy you in your endevors and only make this suggestion in the most positive manner.

lol ,Minxiesmom, Patty couldn/t agree with you more!!! Up till now she has had to wear a helmet as a youth. She has a large head (all those college smarts) and the hat we got for her 2 years ago didn't fit--only the black one. We do have one lovely tourqoise blue hat that fits her but no jacket to go with it, so that is our new quest. You think my hat with the maroon is too dark? It's straw and I thought the rest of the outfit brightened it up.

Vickie, I didn't read the rest of the Forum. I didn't know Linda was gone. She was the best. Her loss leaves a void in our world.

Marty, the only way to get around having to compete with Patty is to make sure she shows Prelim and I stay in training with the green horses. Or get Leia to come out and gator for me.

Hey now, the only reason I didn't come down for the last few events is that no one called me!
default_laugh.png
With Kody out of commission this year from a back injury NOW is the time to try and get me down there. I'm free and I can probably afford a plane ticket. I'll be spectating at Happ's and Inavale and skipping Beavercreek entirely this year. Don't know yet about the VSE DT-T in the fall.

I'll even give you another VSE entry if you've got a horse to spare. Seems like you always do!
default_biggrin.png

My only turnout suggestion would be to consider lowering the shafts on that Bellcrown. In almost every single picture, with every horse, the seat is tilted way back and looks very unbalanced. I understand wanting to keep the shaft tips in line with the breastcollar but there's got to be a compromise somewhere that would allow the overall picture to be a bit smoother. Curved shafts like that are meant to end below the breastcollar in order to keep the shaft tip away from the shoulder and the bulky neck collar traditionally used with gigs.

Leia

Leia, looking at the pictures it totally makes sense to drop the shafts. It looks even when we're harnessing, but I don't see how it looks when we're in the cart. Hmmmm...I'll go try it. And have Patty take pictures
default_smile.png

I'm looking at the ADS schedule for down here--there is precious little going on in the summer. Maybe Nov for Haven Hill? I currently have 6 horses able and willing to do CDE and 3 drivers.

Hey, send one of those six kids up here for the summer! I'm sure I could find something for them to do.
default_biggrin.png
Haven Hill sounds possible- gosh knows there's nothing horse-related going on in Washington in November. We're usually drowning by then! My boss may disown me though since I'm hoping to go to the National Drive again in October.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

Just wanted to say a big Congratulations to the Dr. Pam team! And thanks so much for sharing the photos; you all looked terrific!

Congratulations. I loved the pictures and hearing all about it. I hope to someday get up the courage to participate in one of them! Think that I would be a fish way out of water though.

Leia, looking at the pictures it totally makes sense to drop the shafts. It looks even when we're harnessing, but I don't see how it looks when we're in the cart. Hmmmm...I'll go try it. And have Patty take pictures
default_smile.png

I'm looking at the ADS schedule for down here--there is precious little going on in the summer. Maybe Nov for Haven Hill? I currently have 6 horses able and willing to do CDE and 3 drivers.
It's my understanding Haven Hill isn't going to happen this year.

default_no.gif

Unless you heard something different this weekend.

Latest posts

Back