ISO Mini Board Ontario

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannaHH

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have two mini mares and am looking for board in Guelph, Ontario or close to. Where we are right now has far too much grass for my guys in the summer months and one of my mares has foundered in the past. I’m looking for a spot that has a dry lot where they will be thrown hay as opposed to having access to free choice, they are extremely easy keepers. I’d be happy with a DIY situation and my two can be turned out with other horses or by themselves, they are very social but are also okay just with on another. Pictured below, Bea and Cora, Cora, the lightest palomino ever, is Bea’s daughter. They have been weaned and are back together with no issues. Please let me know if you know of a place that would be a good fit for these two little ones 💕6510EEC0-1A1A-4DF9-A85F-D64E9047FD93.jpeg

Have you considered making a track for them? There are many people here that keep theirs on a track system to control how much food they have access to and for them to get exercise. I don't have one, but need to make one for one of mine. He has to wear a muzzle when out most the year.
Beautiful minis.

Have you considered making a track for them? There are many people here that keep theirs on a track system to control how much food they have access to and for them to get exercise. I don't have one, but need to make one for one of mine. He has to wear a muzzle when out most the year.
Beautiful minis.
Unfortunately I’m at a boarding facility now and don’t have my own land to make alterations to. When I got them my home barn was at a location with no grass in any paddock and it was a non-issue, but last May we moved to a lovely new facility with great sprawling paddocks. They are in heaven, however, it’s not ideal for my little ones health.

Hey everyone,
I have two mini mares and am looking for board in Guelph, Ontario or close to. Where we are right now has far too much grass for my guys in the summer months and one of my mares has foundered in the past. I’m looking for a spot that has a dry lot where they will be thrown hay as opposed to having access to free choice, they are extremely easy keepers. I’d be happy with a DIY situation and my two can be turned out with other horses or by themselves, they are very social but are also okay just with on another. Pictured below, Bea and Cora, Cora, the lightest palomino ever, is Bea’s daughter. They have been weaned and are back together with no issues. Please let me know if you know of a place that would be a good fit for these two little ones 💕View attachment 42800
They are beautiful!!!

I'm hoping you find a good situation for your minis before the spring grass comes in. If for some reason they are still there get them some grazing muzzles.
I understand your worry completely!
Maybe try posting what you are looking for on the bulletin board at the feed store. Someone out there might need some extra cash.

Have you asked if they will let you put in temporary step in posts with a solar fencer to make a track? Good luck, I'm not close enough to be able to help.

Latest posts

Back