Island of the Blue Dolphins

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
Has anyone read this book? I am just getting back into reading after almost a month's break, so reading shorter books until I get back in to the swing of things (concentrating). It seems like there was a sequel to this book, but I could be wrong?

Never heard of it. Do you know who the author is? Oh, I have finally decided to start the Harry Potter series sometime this month when I finish some books that I took out of the library.

I'm so proud of you Lucky! ;) I'm thinking about reading them (yet again!) this summer. I watched the first movie yesterday and now I'm craving me som Hogwarts. Lol.

Yes, it is the Scott ODell one. I did some research and there is a sequel. It was written a decade later, and is called 'Zia'. I had to put the book back on my shelf until I get around to buying the second one.
default_sad.png

I'm so proud of you Lucky! ;) I'm thinking about reading them (yet again!) this summer. I watched the first movie yesterday and now I'm craving me som Hogwarts. Lol.

Yes, it is the Scott ODell one. I did some research and there is a sequel. It was written a decade later, and is called 'Zia'. I had to put the book back on my shelf until I get around to buying the second one.
default_sad.png
I don't think that "sequel" is by the same author, is it? I seem to remember readers were not impressed with it at the time it came out. Don't wait; go ahead and read the Island of the Blue Dolphin.

I just looked it up and it does look like ODell also wrote the sequel. For now, I've moved on to another book but I will definately go back to it in the future.

OMG! Thank you for mentioning this book!! Wasn't it a movie many years ago? I either read the book or saw the movie a LONG time ago, and I loved it!!!

That was one of my favorite childhood books!!!!
default_yes.gif

I was forced to read this book in elementary school.....I don't remember it at all, just that at the time, I did not like it at all.....maybe I should read it again, might find it more appealing now when I'm not forced to read it!!

~kathryn

It's a classic book read in middle school. Read it, it's a coming of age story. No need for the sequel.

Yes, the sequel is called Zia. I've ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive. I know I read the first one in school (I think?), but I can't remember much about it.

Back