is this mare EVER gonna foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
Ok, like Marty, we are playing the waiting game, I mean,just how much ice cream can one person eat...jeez!!!!

This mare was bought 11 Sept 2004....confirmen in foal Feb 21st with an approx due date May-July......well, we can count out may and June
sad.gif
...when I got her she had a HUGE dripping hot bag as they pulled off her May filly to sell mama (poor girl)..if she was bred the DAY I got her she would be due somewhere aeound 11 August(?) my question is......well, really I just want someone to come tell her to foal ...aaaarrrgggg..any opinions?' She has white easy to get milk ... so so bag.

bbaybjuly2112005.jpg

blknwhtbayb.jpg

Is this mare ever going to foal?

NOPE. Not mine either.

Well if no yellow milk yet, no waxy? Might be a while yet, however horses can make us liars as some on here will attest to.

At any rate I sure love your lovely mare and will be anxious to see her baby.

Maxine

My madien mare went 1 year and 10 days!!! She had a awesome bay/buckskin colt that was well cooked. His tail is longer than his hocks!!

Good Luck Oh and you can NEVER eat too much ice cream!!!!

Alison

Hey Gang

Add us to that waiting list on our last mare to foal this year. And she to is a maiden mare. I know this post is on the bathing.

Marty - they do look like they are so enjoying it. Sonny, looks like keep going Mom, I need lots more water..

Vicky

I have a mare that we have been watching for a month because she had a big bag. We have watched and watched. We put a mare that was also due but suppose to be weeks later. We went to check on the big mare and our other mare went down and had her colt in ten minutes. It was a good thing I was keeping her up to keep the other mare company.
wink.gif

By the way, we had the vet out to check our huge mare, and he said he could be in the next couple of days. She gets any bigger she will not be able to waddle to her food.

[SIZE=14pt]We had a 28" mare go 388 days this year! She delivered a tiny 16" colt that is awesome! There's been a lot of over-cooked foals this year in minis and big horses![/SIZE]

Bill

we also have one we are waiting for and she is at least as big as yours. Kinda hard to go to work when you haven't had any sleep for days and days.

Mary

Latest posts

Back