Is this lacing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GwynethYogi

Reaction score
My boy has the weirdest pattern on his back. It looks like lacing, but it's not white, it's a brownish colour. He's smoky black. This pattern also comes and goes, it appears around the end of March, and disappears around the middle of July. Also, the different coloured hairs are shorter than the rest of his coat. Is that normal for lacing? I always clip him in the beginning of March. What the pattern looks like is that while the rest of his coat grows out, some strips on his back do not grow out until around July and when they do grow out, they turn black, like the rest of his coat. This has happened for the past two years, I've had him for three. I've had two different vets look at it and both say that it's not a skin condition/ fungus, they think that it is just a colour thing, however neither have ever seen anything like it before.

So, what do you guys think it could be? I can get pictures if you want, but the pattern has almost grown out by now, and isn't super noticeable, however it can still be seen. Any thoughts/ insight would be appreciated!

Pic please
default_smile.png
. Up close and then one showing his profile would be good. In June is when horses are at there colorful peak. At least around me anyways. Very cool would love to see pics
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back