Is This A Scam?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrose28

Reaction score
Last week hubby got a letter via snail mail concerning morgage loan modification. He called on Mon. evening this week and spoke to someone with an American name. Got company name and a cell phone number to use for call back number. I didn't like it to begin with. Got a contract via e-mail from someone with a foreign name that did include address but no business phone number. They want personal info, of course, signed contract with money up front, and rest due if loan is modified. I googled the company that was named and got nothing. so I call 411 and was told no listing for company in area, I think I can tell you the area is Irvine Ca. I got the phone number of the Chamber of Commerce for this area and am waiting now to call after 1 as they are 4 hours behind us, and I'll see what they say. Also this person calls hubby at least twice a day trying to push him into this. I have bad vibes all around, and am not sending any info or signing anything.

Don't you also think this is a scam? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Google this company and also the names being used and see if there is any info out there! Even if no info comes up, I would NEVER use a company that is soliciting this to you with mass mailings to try to get business. I work in Fraud and see so much of this crap................

NO! RUN FAR AWAY!

I work in a mortgage company and we read the hardship letters of how so-n-so was supposed to help and took the $$ and disappeared.

If YOU did not contact them first do NOT go any further.

If you did not ask them for info. RUN DO NOT WALK AWAY....I worked for a company in Vegas that was incoming calls for debt relief. It all seemed too good. I kept telling one of my co-workers "this better be legit" I was let go just before they got busted by the feds.

OMG! I called the Chamber of Commerce and they are closed on Fridays, so I called the Better Business Bureau for that area. They didn't have a listing for that business or any complaints, but, I still feel like this is a scam, thanks for the responses, I don't think I'll tell hubby about asking for advice from my LB friends, but will tell him about my phone calls, and what I found out on google about this business, which was nothing, and a little about the first name given, and now I have a phone number that was reported as bogus, and I'll ask him if it is the same one he has. If anyone lives in California, and has heard of this business please let me know. The better business lady told me that if this is a scam they take your money and they know you are in a different state and therefore can not sue to recover funds unless you travel to their state. sorry but hubby is in a panic becuase we have lost so much since 2009, stock market took most of our retirement, and he lost his job then we went through our emergency savings to pay bills, no horse sales, or lost money on sales. He went back to work but at less pay and we have to now pay for health care which is sub standard, then he had spinal surgery last year. He is in a panic as one more accident or illness could really put us under. I've tryed to calm him down, but we have worked so hard all these years to build up what we have it is just too hard for him to understand that we will survive and make it through somehow. Keep your advice coming as I need it. Thanks.

Hang in there- my Mom always used to say 'If it sounds to good to be true, it is!' Find a reputable business in your OWN area that may be able to help you, and one that has been established for quite a while if this is the route you guys may want to go. Even then, I have heard here in my own state, that many people have been taken by this type of merchant. I am sure there is an occastional good one out there, but for the most part, all I have seen lately are people getting ripped off of money they couldnt afford to lose!

Latest posts

Back