Is there a way to get the papers? Got the AMHR papers but not AMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Horse Lover

Reaction score
I recently bought a stud,he came with is AMHR papers. He's 34" tall and the horses on his sire's side were AMHA so I was figuring he was likely AMHA registered as well but wasn't sure. Turns out he is AMHA registered but like I said the lady I bought him from only had his AMHR papers. Is there a way to get his AMHA papers and get them transferred into my name?

You will have to find out who the current owner is on his AMHA papers and contact that person to see if they will sign a transfer and give you the papers. It is possible they signed the transfer and passed his papers on to the person they sold him to and then that person just never bothered doing anything about getting the papers into his/her name. If that is the case the owner of record on the A papers may not be willing to sign another transfer (some people will, some won't),

Another thing to consider is this, is he trully measured in at 34", some people will drop the AMHA if they measer jusrt a quarter of an inch over. Also if the sire is AMHA, doesn't mean the mare is. sounds like this is buyer beware! Sorry, But seriously I've bought horses that were only AMHA registered and gone over, and then had to hardship them into AMHR, but since I checked the measurement I got them alot cheaper then if they were already double registerd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back