Is there a way to find rating / credibility info on an insurance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
I found two companies that will insure our soon to be built barn before our house will be built.......................... Anyone know how to find the credibility rating on an insurance company that is not a BBB member? I went to A.M. Best but didn't want to join to get the report.

I think you can get literature from the companies that gives their A.M. Best, Fitch, Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s, and / or Weiss ratings? I deal in annuities A LOT and the ratings are part of the brochures but they are also highly rated so it's a selling point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cathy,

I sell insurance for the State of Texas. Each state has a State Board. Go to your State Board of Insurance website and listed are all companies doing business in that state. They have to list their ratings. You will need to know the name of the insurance company that you are going to do business with. Some companies have a main line company and then sub-companies. Example: Farmers Insurance, has Mid-Century Insurance, Farmers Insurance Group and Farmers County Mutual Insurance, Travelers Insurance, Has Charter Oak Fire, Travelers and Phoenix County Mutual. This gives you an idea of what a sub-company is.

Hope this helps.

Karen

Back