Is there a better way to mix wet feed?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
Then plunging your arm in up to the elbow in green glop.

I feed wrangler complete pellets, timothy/alfalfa cubes, beet pulp and bran.

Help please! Thank you.

I don't know how many horses you feed but, for me the best solution to the wet feed was a new cement mixer with the tub that will mix 100 lbs of feed with the beet pulp. You can soak the beet pulp overnight if you want, just cover it .
aktion033.gif
Next morning add the remaining ration of grain let it mix then pull down on handle and dump it into your buckets. Ours cost $250.00 but it was well worth the cost we have had it for 3 yrs now it works great for any kind of mixing you do.
wink.gif

I use one of those metal sweat scrapers.

I've taken spoons, ladels, etc., out to the barn, bought special big huge spoons just for stirring feed, and they just dissapear, but the metal sweat scraper that I have had for about 20 years still remains...LOL
yes.gif

Sue
smile.gif

I went to the dollar store and stocked up on those huge wooden kitchen spoons. I also mix smaller portions at a time and then combine it all into one large bucket for carrying around.

Too funny, I had the same problem, my arm was so sore from mixing grain glob that I developed Tennis elbow. Had to go to Doctor have horrible shot and now wear brace on arm for tendons. HERE is the solution
smile.gif
aktion033.gif
rolleyes.gif
Buy a cordless drill and a cement/paint mixer attachment,,,, Let the drill do your work. I use the rechargable batteries. I mix sweet feed, pellets, bran. wet beet pulp etc, mix it all up dry then add the beet pulb and mix again. MY arm is very happy.
smile.gif
Kristy

Thank you! I have a less than powerful cordless drill I think I will put into service. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back