Is the USA Better Off Today Than We Were Two Years Ago?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a confrontational person (unlike Jill or Shari - LOL), but I do my homework. And when those unemployment stats are posted, it's wise to read the details. I'm too old to wear Rose Colored Glasses, so I research.
default_wink.png

And here I thought that political topics were no longer allowed?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
No one could turn this economy around in 2 years whether they were republican or democrat. Just not possible.

ohmt--even if it's not exactly "fudging" that doesn't mean the numbers are at all "ACCURATE" One should keep that in mind when looking at the published unemployment numbers.

pepipony -- the ban on political threads here on LB was lifted awhile back. We can once again discuss politics here.

Pepi, political threads are now allowed
default_yes.gif

Kay, while maybe no one could completely turn around an economy in 2+ years, that's not the same as saying anyone would have made it this much worse
default_sad.png

MA, I'm not trying to be confrontational but I'm definitely not a person who won't speak up and this is something worth talking about
default_yes.gif
... but I think you "get me" pretty much
default_wub.png

I'm not a confrontational person (unlike Jill or Shari - LOL), but I do my homework. And when those unemployment stats are posted, it's wise to read the details. I'm too old to wear Rose Colored Glasses, so I research.
default_wink.png
Not normally like that MA but having dealt with the Military for many, many years,, dealing with the Gov, my Dad had been in Classified projects at the Berkeley laboratory when I was growing up, now de classified, other wise I wouldn't be even saying that here. My family having gone through what we have the last three years. ..... seen what I have seen in person. I also do not have Rose colored glasses on.

(I also love doing research!)

As bad as the US tanked, it will take 8 to 10 years or more for things to get better. At least in this area of the country, if things can ever get back the way they were.

But as more and more US jobs are sent overseas, and people in the US not willing to support the US farmers for their food and American owned companies, that use US born workers and US made supplies....

Lets just say it is bleak.
default_no.gif

Others have spoken truly, but I thought I would attempt to simplify further.

The first two pillars of law are

1) truth is simple

2) fraud is complex

Whenever you see "complexity" in an issue, one must by necessity (and honesty) consider fraud as a facet of the issue.

IF the "unemployment report" does not include ALL unemployed, it is fraud because it is now NOT an unemployment report. It is quite simply a LIE.

No amount of justification for whatever reason can change this simple truth.

If our "colleges" are teaching otherwise, you did not receive an education and we have yet another key facet leading to our problems.

"Confrontation" with truth is not being mean, again, it is simply truth.

Have a great day everybody,

Bb

As bad as the US tanked, it will take 8 to 10 years or more for things to get better. At least in this area of the country, if things can ever get back the way they were.

But as more and more US jobs are sent overseas, and people in the US not willing to support the US farmers for their food and American owned companies, that use US born workers and US made supplies....

Lets just say it is bleak.
default_no.gif

I agree Shari.....No arguments from me.

So what is the point? A way to slam our president that the majority of U.S. citizens voted on?

Sometimes it helps to look at the bigger picture. here is a few examples just by researching the facts

Unfortunately, your second graph doesn't even include Obama. I guess that is a typical liberal strategy... blame it all on the previous president and hide your own faults.

I think Bush was a bad president. I think Obama is a horrible president. He is incompetent, totally unfit and unquipped to hold the highest office in the land, and came into the job with no experience and demonstrates his complete lack of leadership every day.

I wonder how much the price of crude oil would go down if Obama's administration allowed offshore drilling?

I wonder how many government jobs Obama has created during the last two years? Jobs that pay three times those in the public sector, with full health and retirement benefits, all at taxpayer expense?

I wonder why Exxon Mobile made over 20 billion in profits but paid no income tax?

I wonder why Citigroup makes over $4 billion in profits but pays no income tax?

I wonder why the Service Employee's International Union (SEIU) spent over $60 million to help elect Obama, and no one is upset that Stern, it's leader, was right there starting on Inauguration Day, when he joined Obama and the new president's family on the reviewing stand outside the White House to watch the inaugural parade and that Stern admits he visits Obama once a week.

I wonder why Richard Trumka brags about how he speaks to the White House every day and visits 2-3x a week. Being the head of the AFL/CIO, his union spent over $53 million to elect Obama.

WHO IS RUNNING OUR COUNTRY? Apparently, Obama's Cabinet complains that our Bummer in Chief spends more time with union leaders than he does with the cabinet. They feel like they are in the Witness Protection Program.

I personally don't care if the next president is liberal or conservative, as long as he's competent and not in the pocket of labor unions. Unfortunately, that would eliminate a liberal, because they are all in the pockets of the labor unions.

Latest posts

Back