Is she pregnant??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&H Miniatures

Reaction score
I bought some mares that I was told were all bred. This mare appeared to have been in about 3 weeks ago, but the stud I have is too small for her. Now her belly has grown and for 2 days now she has paced back and forth in the lot I put them up in at night and also some in the pasture during the day. She urinates fairly frequently and carries her tail up some. She has appeared to be making a bag, but has also had several other babies. She is 9. She will go over by the stud in the next pen, urinate, turn around and then walk away and start pacing. I dont know what to think. I am new at miniatures. I would love to think she is because my daughter is so excited about another foal. We had our first born March 27th. Here are some pictures. Please let me know what you think? It also looks at times like a foal may be kicking, but that could just be me wanting one to be kicking. She will not let me touch her belly for too long at a time either. Please let me know. Thanks Kristy

l_e822ae43d61379d1c8ab8d5f2327b6ed.jpg

l_e88e39af25f0bc7450eb47be484e0c48.jpg

l_8a93b141a1f5317d014182a9595f9260.jpg

This is her a week and a half ago. Thanks

l_4f6ea1194faaec516c7cde4b5f07b21d.jpg

Hard to tell from pics. Can you put your arms around her and give her a hug close to her bag? Usually that is how I feel movement. The third picture looks like there could be some mammary swelling? But she really doesn't look that big to be preggers. A more telling picture would be straight on from the butt to see how big she is side to side.

Good luck!

The last photo she doesn't but hard to tell in the others. I had a mare that would have false pregnancy every year and would swell up like she was and then....POOOFFFF!...Nada...nothing...zilch!

She does in the recent pics but not in the one from a week ago. Maybe others can tell you, but maybe she has dropped? What does her udder look like?

She does in the recent pics but not in the one from a week ago. Maybe others can tell you, but maybe she has dropped? What does her udder look like?
A cpuple months ago you couldn't see anything hardly, but now you can somewhat. She doesn't appear to be full or anything though. She has me puzzled. I could swear I see something moving, but then again I may just want to. She has had several other babies, I am not sure how many. I have just had her since December. How does a mare act if she is in heat? Would she urinate frequently when not in front of the stud? He kinda act interested but I think one of my other mares is in and I can't let her in with him because they have the same sire. Would a mare let a stud attempt to mount if she was not actually in and it was a false heat? Just wondering. It is a full moon I know. I have seen a full moon greatly affect some of the alzheimers patients I have worked with. Not sure if I totally believe in all of that or not though. Thanks. Any others think she is? Or is she just too fat? Let me know. I am checking her several times before I go to bed at night. My parents check on my horses off and on during the day for me while I am at work. Thanks Kristy

I forgot to mention in my last post that she is a 38-39" mare. I have not measured her with my stick yet, but this is just my guess. Since she is bigger she wouldn't necessarily look as big as some of the smaller minis would she? I will try and get a picture of her udders this afternoon. Also, I will see if she will let me give her a big hug. Kristy

Here are some pictures I took this afternoon. I still don't know what to think??? Oh well, just have to wait and see what happens. Here she is. Thanks. Still acting fidgety tonight.

l_cf319540fdee94af13141d12a91a9b24.jpg

l_3f552093f09b50c0b258ad6f7bfcfa5a.jpg

l_7da70d9bd01322bc729641a7d58309b0.jpg

l_d12ee3209c7e311cd40daa3e5475652a.jpg

I thought I would throw in a picture of my Millie and Hollee. Millie is the filly. I have clippers ordered and can't wait for them to get here. I still don't know what color she really is, but hopefully after she is clipped. It is really getting hot here. 95 during the day.

l_f1450199884bf17b805d635bd77fcd86.jpg

l_25f687ea5e0e548eda6f87e7b7b87c02.jpg

I have a farrier coming hopefully pretty soon. They seem to be pretty hard to find. I know Millie really needs it.

Latest posts

Back