Is she pregnant and how far along would you say?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My vet is on her way to give her a plasma transfusion they told me to remove her from the mare because it’s been 9 hours with no colostrum and Mary won’t let us anywhere near to help, we had to pull some crazy sh** to grab her out

Oh no. I've had a mare get crazy. We had to catch her, twitch her and help the foal nurse the first time, but after the foal started nursing she calmed down. It's a little late for any advice, I'm sure, but I hope your vet was able to help out.

Thank you, it’s a filly, what a day! Her SAA was also elevated so she got a dose of Excede and I give her the second dose Friday. She’s been standing up over 13 hours, falls sleep standing looks so exhausted, sways back & forth. I laid her down on my lap she passed out so tired but won’t do it on her own, anyone ever seen this before?

Attachments

• IMG_9593.MOV
    14.9 MB
  • 36AF72B6-3899-4DBC-ADF0-54F2BA76565C.jpeg
    36AF72B6-3899-4DBC-ADF0-54F2BA76565C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Yeah this mare was acting like a complete psychopath there was no way we would ever get her to calm down, she would run her baby over trying to keep her away from us it was awful

How is everyone doing? Mama, foal and you?
Mama is doing perfectly fine, out of sight out of mind. I turned her out with the others and it’s like she never had a baby. The baby is doing really well, I gave her the 2nd Excede today, she had a little trouble with constipation had to have a couple enemas but seems ok now. She’s so good with bottle feeding thankfully, such a personality❤️thanks for asking❤️xx

Attachments

• IMG_9762.MOV
    22 MB
  • IMG_9764.MOV
    14.8 MB
Did mama finally start letting her nurse or has she completely rejected baby?

Did mama finally start letting her nurse or has she completely rejected baby?
Mama wanted to stand with the baby but not feed it, we couldnt help them with this because mom was kicking us and trampling the baby to get it away. We waited 9 hours from a good distance to give her space and see if anything would change before pulling the baby from mom with vet 100% on board. My vet couldn’t get there till the 13th hour which gave me a little anxiety but everything turned out fine, she had treatment and is doing really well. At one point the baby tried to forcefully jump through the barn stall gate slats to escape mom, we ran over stuck our hands through to calm her was kind of scary, so she felt some type of fear.

Latest posts

Back