is she a show girl/ winner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
wub.gif
i am not new to minis.... but new to showing.
wacko.gif
yes.gif

i have just bought a little filly named BKS Early Morning Joy from Bucknellsminis (thanks Sandra!!) & plan to show my little filly.... but as i said i'm new to showing.... so i want ur help:

Do u think she has the look to show??

would it be worth showing her??

Is she cute??

& she is 4 months now.. how old should she be when i start showing??

Can i start too early??

any help is greatly appreaced....

i'll try 2 attach some pictures... but they don't seem to want to work for me..
no.gif

Desiree

Midnight Star Mini Horse Stables

joynew1.jpg

joynew2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your picture worked, at least one of them..she's SO cute ..I can't help critique, but I can tell she got a very nice home!

[SIZE=14pt]Desiree you really cant tell from this pic if she is show quality or not. She is not presented like a show horse here to evaluate her. It would not be fair to you or her. Get a finished clipped and posed pic and then ask again. This shot from off her left rear makes her butt look big and her neck and shoulder look small. The pics for evaluation should be done at mini level straight on from the side from the middle of the horse.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Thank for responding so soon,

well she won't be weened for a week or so & for clipping you con see what she likes like, Sanda doesn't clip legs, but i would for a show, but when her hair grows in it turns very black, & un cliped she is black... but comformation wise & colour wise, is she show matreial?

& can i show to early?

I really like her color, you most definently should show her in multicolor. She is a very pretty girl, and I think that you should show her, I think you will do good with her
smile.gif

Some people show when they are 4 months, and bring along their mare too.

thank 4 the compliments, i'll be sure to tell joy!! lol

no really thanks, when she turns 2ish i am going to train here to drive & team drive with my gelding & when she turn 3 i'll start jumping her & when she turns 4 or 5 i will bred her to my stallion.

she is a lovly girl, & she has a better heart & mind than any other mini i have ever meet (next to midnight my stallion)... i hope to show her off in person soon!

wub.gif
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

i think shes a cute blue roan pinto. too hard to tell from these pics what she really looks like. But for sure get her hooves trimmed asap. Its really bad to let a foal get this long. This can really affect her leg conformation. I really like her nice small head

kaykay said:
i think shes a cute blue roan pinto.  too hard to tell from these pics what she really looks like.  But for sure get her hooves trimmed asap.  Its really bad to let a foal get this long.  This can really affect her leg conformation.  I really like her nice small head
417064[/snapback]

everything that Kaykay said. He feet were the first thing I saw. Otherwise she is a very pretty girl!
saludando.gif

Very cute girl. Ditto on the feet.

oh my i didn't think of thoses on the pics!!!

so sorry

they were taken a week ago, the day Befor they were trimed

i do agree! Just our ferrir got very ill & we had to wait

feet our very important to us & like i said, it was an accedent, they never look like that other wise, just bad timing

thank u all very much tho
yes.gif

desiree

hey i got that new pic of joy & i have one of her as 2 weeks (thats what she looked like when i broght her!)

heres the new one:

Picture10.jpg

& heres her 2 week pic:

Picture23.jpg

Picture24.jpg

thx, & keep them comig please

It could just be the hair on her legs but is she over at the knees?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
wub.gif

i am very proud of her!

Just to coment she has very streight legs & teeth, her cliping was just done oddly,in a month she will be freshly cliped & you can see

[SIZE=14pt]Desiree, the bottom line is....if you like her show her and see how it goes. If you wanted a critique from those of us that show , I dont think these pics are the ones to show us. Enjoy her, she is a cutie and if you want to try your hand at showing her do. As far as is she a winner????? If she has your heart she will always be a winner.Im guessing by the way you post that you are a young person right?[/SIZE]

Lyn
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back