is she a show girl/ winner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much am enjoying your enthusiasm.

Your filly is very very pretty and I love her markings.
yes.gif

If you want to show her, by all means do so and have a great time with it. As she grows older, you will find that she may have some nice talents such as driving ability or jumping/obstacles etc. There is so much you can train the minis for.

I have no show ring winners in my barn to brag about, but they are all winners in that they won my heart long ago. Just enjoy them anyway you want to.
wub.gif

I think she a little cutie!! Love her colour and her markings, I can't wait to see pics of her all groomed up and ready to show!!
wub.gif

Very pretty filly. I would go ahead and show her, if she is a winner thats great, but she is already a winner, she has you for her owner, and you seem to love her very much! Some horses are big winners in the showring, but never really know what it means to have a loving, and caring owner..all they know is trainer after trainer, until they retire from the showring. Corinne

thank you guys so much!

i poromes to get pics 2 you! i will have them by early augest, thank you guys so much, all mini people are such graet people! i really hope to meet some of you guys in person someday!

thanks again!

desiree

desiree--i think she is a very pretty filly (i am very partial to blue roan pintos!)! i agree with ashley that she looks over at the knees but, as she also said, it could be the fuzzy knee hair---hard to tell in these pics. show her, see how it goes. maybe halter will not be her thing, but there are so many other things to show in also...obstacle, jumping, driving.....just enjoy her and see how she developes! jennifer
saludando.gif

hey she 4months old... wait colour do you think she will be?

will she stay roan?

go lighter?

go blacker

... she was born a black pinto, do you think she'll ever go back??

could she thow a black??

i'm not 2 sure with roan horses
wacko.gif

desiree

[SIZE=14pt]What color are her parents?[/SIZE]

Lyn

blue roan pintos are always born black. Actually they are a black horse that carries the roan gene so as Rabbit would say shes really a black roan. This is my all time fav color. They do change with the seasons and in winter turn almost black again and then shed out the blue color in the spring/summer.

I feel sure she is blue/black roan pinto. My kandi kay is also a blue roan and was registered as a black pinto. they did the update to her papers to reflect her true color

her mother is a chestnut pinto & her sire is an appoloossa, he was born all black but is now white/ grey w/ many samll spots on his rump... heres a pic,

this is her daddy, Cricket

cricket1.jpg

yes she is a black/blue roan, is that all she'll produce?

hope you can help,

desiree

[SIZE=14pt]Teddy is grey....looks the same as this filly. He is 2 on this pic from nationals but he was black as a baby. She could be grey like he is.... a very slow turning grey.[/SIZE]

f6a3f46e.jpg

f88764de.jpg

Lyn

well something definately is off in this picture. The sire looks like a true gray. If the dam really is a chestnut pinto with no roan then your filly cant be blue roan. The only thing i can think of is she is graying out but that isnt what a horse turning grey normally looks like. IF she is graying she will turn white and loose her pinto markings.

her mom has quite a few white hairs... but is 20, i just think old hairs... she has some brown & black points tho.. she really is a mistery!!

thanks

desiree

great pics lyn

(mabe u could enter them in our photo contest?
rolleyes.gif
)

[SIZE=14pt]That stallion is definitely a grey. I would put money on that the filly is not roan but indeed a grey that is like Teddy. It may take her 4-6 years to go grey but she will eventually. Teddys father is black and white and his mother is grey. His half brothers out of grey mares are 5 and 7 years old and look like Teddy still, Steel is one of them and he is a grey that looks like a blue roan. His forelock is still black.[/SIZE]

Steel is 5 .he is Teddys brother.
f782d2a3.jpg

Lyn

Roan will stay a roan. A true gray will start out with color but gray to become white with age.

A Roan horse of any sort has to have a Roan parent, it is a simple dominant and cannot be inherited if it does not show on one of the parents, like Appy. So to get a Black Roan you must breed a horse with Roan to a black based horse- Bay, Black etc- there is no hard and fast rule, I have bred a Red Dun to a Black Roan and got a Grulla Roan, bred her to a Bay and got a Bay Roan who looks like a Black Roan (but she's fibbing
smile.gif
) Bred the Bay Roan to a Palomino base near leopard Appy and got a Buckskin
biggrin.gif
Ain't colour grand????

Latest posts

Back