Is registration possible for my little guy? AMHR mom, mystery dad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baptism

Reaction score
I have a coming 3 yr. old colt that is out of a AMHR sec.A mare that was given to me when she was pregnant. The previous owners moved across the country and I have not been able to find them. I'm guessing the mare was at most 30 days pregnant so I don't even know if they knew about it. She delivered a perfect palomino pinto with a blue eye that has matured under 30". Do you know if I would be able to get him registered? I checked the forms on the AMHR site and don't see a suitable one.

Thanks

Without knowing who the sire is, no, you cannot get papers from AMHR. Stallion must be registered, stallion report must be filed and you need a breeding certificate signed by the stallion owner, plus you fill out the registration application.

As minimor said, AMHR papers are not a possibility, but they will sell you papers with the National Sport Performance Pony Registry. One parent must be AMHR registered and DNA'd so the colt can be confirmed from that mare. He won't be eligible to compete in sanctioned mini shows, and I don't know what sort of classes are offered for NSPPR but I do know the ASPC/AMHR registers crosses this way. It is not a breeding registry though, your colt wouldn't then be able to be bred to AMHR horses to get AMHR papers. I know there is more info on their website.

Latest posts

Back