Is probios enough?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly

Reaction score
My pre-weanlings and mares are more upset now that they can no longer touch noses or see each other...I am giving the foals probios, should I give them ulcer guard too? Should the mares be getting probios and perhaps ulcer guard also? I am worried!
default_sad.png
They were pretty good while they could touch noses but I caught them nursing thru the fence...now the foals are closed in at night(which they were fine with) but this morning they are all screaming like crazy and running around...I don't have paddock space for them to be close by each other. I do have a nanny mare in with the foals but it doesn't seem to be helping any.
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Probios is good enough. I do hard weaning - they don't get to see each other for minimum of weeks, I just did probios for one week. Everyone is fine and growing like weeds.

Thanks Muffntuf...I went to the tack store and they had a product called TRAC GARD- a pellet that has yeast, electrolites and a digestive buffer like ulcer guard all together so I bought some of that and will use it for another week or so.
default_smile.png

Back