Is my mare in foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JANESMINIS

Reaction score
Hi There.

I purchased a mare last year, she's about 12ish and has had lots of foals. She was supposedly maybe in foal and due around middle of June to beginning of July. She's certainly big enough to be in foal. I have tried her with the stallion to see if she/ he was interested and he did serve her a few times as she seemed to be in heat. She does however now have a very small bag and her teats have filled with a cloudy, very sticky liquid, a lot comes out if I squeeze it (not just a drip). She is out on grass 24/7, but not too much grass as I believed that she was just over weight and wanted to gradually bring her weight down a little, as I was told that she should foal latest beginning July, if in foal. I do have other mares, not in foal with slight bags and occasionally a little liquid in them, but not with teats full and streaming with liquid if I squeeze them.

Could she be in foal, or is this just normal?

Thanks, Jane.

WE NEED PICS to see for ourselves...front, side, udder and such!!! Have you seen/felt any movement or have you had her preg. tested?

I have a couple of mares who will give me lots of fluid any time of the year from their teats. It is a bit milky and sticky, but they are not pregnant.

Latest posts

Back