Is my horse the only one getting his winter jammies?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_minihorses4ever_

Reaction score
I can't believe it, but his is already coming in! He will be a wooly mammoth in no time at this rate! Doesn't he know it isn't even October yet? :new_shocked: I am hoping this means a coooold winter is coming! Last year, we had next to no Winter. So, is anyone else finding these little furr balls of fluff in their pastures? :bgrin

appy-loosa002.jpg

appy-loosa003.jpg

Yes come to think of it I really, really noticed it yesterday. Does'nt look like they need any added insullation this year. Last year we had a very pleasant winter and so I'm hoping we get another one this year. I heard on the weather channels that this year will be the "El Nino" year making our east coast milder than usual this winter...that'll be nice.

Yes! All of my horses have jammies. Dusty and Jubilee have the thickest, Chantilly and Diego are right behind.

I have to clip Zeus on Sunday for a show the following sunday. He is going to be blanketed non stop! !

Yep! I switched summer sheets to winter blankets!

Its getting chillay!

-Kris

oh, oh, you are not alone! i happen to have a herd of woolie mammoths right now. pretty funny. they are so fuzzy!!!!!! Ghost's is the thickest, she began growing it in a few weeks ago. her color looks different now too. quite the hairy little girl! :lol:

I had a foal born 2 weeks ago with his winter coat all ready an inch long.!! Don't dare clip him, it was 44 degs last night.

Mine have been hairing up for a couple of weeks too!

Liz V.

Believe me....you aren't alone! :lol: My minis all start shedding their summer coats, and growing in their winter coats the beginning of AUGUST! They are usually pretty fuzzy by now...of course they still have more winter coat to grow in yet.
default_yes.gif
:

Mine are too. Can't believe after a month over 100 degrees they are starting to grow hair so fast! Will have to clip several times during the World Show, I am afraid.

Im north of Houston, and mine are already starting to become wooly boolies!!! i sure hope it means its gonna be a cold one!

Latest posts

Back