Is it legal to post a - rude e-mail on a website that

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thank everyone for their opinions and yes, I realize I need to let it go.

Minimore - I don't mean to sound rude - but, a lot happened behind the scenes that you could not possibly know about unless you talked to me in a very lengthy conversation and seen several e-mails and the same for the other person. Until you know BOTH sides 100% you or anyone else could not possibly know the whole story. Since, you have not talked to me ( and we don't plan too..just to make this clear to everyone) you can't know.

I only posted the SAD QUOTE! Maybe I just took it sad - I am kind of emotional sometimes. I won't go on to explain where I see this as sad.

I am going to try and make this my last post on this thread.

I will say it again - I really do appreciate everyone's thoughts and as of this time I will NOT be posting the e-mail on my website or anywhere else.

Oh, and I did want to add...I did NOT want this post to turn in who is right and who is wrong. I only wanted to know if it was legal or not.

Last edited:
Lisa, you DID post the whole sorry story on this board and many of us did read it before it all got deleted. Even if there was more that you did not post, you told us all plenty enough for us to form opinions. You're the one that brought up how right you are and I simply pointed out that who is right is entirely a matter of opinion. The other party would surely not agree with you and my post was simply meant as a warning not to get yourself into trouble.

But it's no worry of mine if you do get yourself into trouble with whomever else, so have at it!
default_wacko.png

Minimor - Can we please stay on topic of my original question?

Last edited:
Since I'm in the dark here about the whole email thing, I'll stick to your question. I am not a lawyer, but yes, I would think it legal to post the email to your sight as long as you didn't alter it. However, I agree with whomever said that if I was looking to buy a horse from you, the nasty email on your site(even though not from you) may turn me off from purchasing from you. If your site is about horses and sales (I'm assuming, I haven't looked at your sight), I'd stick with the basics.

I'd say if you want to blog the email or whatever, that's entirely up to you. If it makes you feel better, then do it, but be prepared if there were to be an consequences from it. Like I said I have no idea what it's about, so I'm just speaking in general terms.

I totally agree with Minimor. Plenty was posted by you originally on this topic, plenty of people read those posts between you and the other farm to form opinions. You were not in the right and you don't want to go up against a farm like that, they have a reputation that I'm sure they are willing to protect. That other farm does happen to visit LB from time to time. LET IT GO

Lisa, I do really agree with what has been said.

I also read those posts on this forum before they were deleted (months ago) but I have to say "my memory is good, it's just short". I remembered the other farm name, what happened with the member in question, but not that it was you interacting with them. When I read the back and forth, I sympathized more with the other farm based on what was there for all to (quickly) read.

The quote you gave isn't in any context. You present it as a stand alone remark. It could be off base or right on target depending on what interactions happened between "you" and "them". I've said harsher words to people and have not been off base nor been one bit out of line when the entire circumstance is open for consideration.

If you keep on with it or put the email on your website, it would be something you'd wish you hadn't done I think.

Another way to think of it also is do you think the individual you have an issue with is sitting around pondering the situation, or do you think that person has moved on and living life as normal? The only one still "upset" about it is you, because you're letting it upset you. If you can just make yourself let it go, you would feel a lot better.

You're allowing "it" to be a bigger deal in your life than the other person is, I'm sure -- but you are also "re-instigating" a potential conflict by airing part of it here (again).

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa here is the problem. This "farm" is very well known, and alot of people respect them, if they see the negative email you know what you will probably not change their mind about this farm and instead take you on as the bad guy. Unfortuantly in most cases its true. Neither one of you was right or wrong, it should not have even been brought up on a public forum in the first place. Before this hurts you more then it will them, please just let it go.

Sonya..thank you very much. That was the type of oppinion and help I was looking for.

I don't recall the story in this situation but if it were me this is what I would do;

Print the e-mail and file it where I could find it if I needed to, then delete the original from my in box, drop the subject since as others have said it is likely that strangers will think that the large farm had reason to be rude and it will damage your reputation more than their's. Then finally, put the whole sorry mess out of my mind and move on with my life. The e-mail evidence will be there if you ever NEED it but you will never actually see it unless you do need it. JMO

Reignmaker - I think you have an excellent idea and I appreciate your help.

I had actually forgot about the e-mail and I started deleting some old e-mails ( I am horrible at keeping my e-mails that I don't need deleted).

So, I think you are right, just print them all off and make a file ,but, I will file it somewhere different than my miniature horse files - that way if I need it I will have it. I also won't be reminded of it so much.

I agree without knowing everything it would be hard for people to understand why that is on my website. I could see where it could cause some confusion to some people.

instead of deleting the mail you might want to just move it to a folder in your computer and keep your inbox clear.

Right click on the mail and move it to a folder under your inbox.

When you right click to move one choice it gives is new folder and click on that, then you give it a name and then click the "OK"

This way your inbox is clear at all times and if you ever need to go to an old mail just click on your inbox and all your folders are there.

I move my mails to various folders which I name, for instance

4 H

Auctions

Keepers

Funny

Good jokes

Gross

Horse people

Horses sold

Horse inquiries

etc.

You likely know this but I thought I would give you the info in case you didn't.

I like to keep a lot of my mails for referring back to.

p.m. me if you need clarification. I tried p.m. ing you and your mail box was full.

I don't know anything about the background on this issue but "letting go" is likely best for your own "peace of mind"

Genie - Thanks for the help - Acually I didn't know that.

My kids have taught me most of what I know on the computer and the rest I have taught myself. Now, my kids are out of the house - so I am still teaching myself things...lol.

That is another good idea of what I could do.

I am sorry - I did not realize my message box was full, thanks for letting me know. I will go and check it and delete what I don't need.

Thanks again for the help

LisaF.

[SIZE=12pt] Just sort of seems with you bring up this old topic that you are just trying to stir the pot or are beating a dead horse
default_deadhorse2.gif
[/SIZE]

No, it probably isn't against the law to post it on your personal site but what useful purpose does it serve? I guess it creates controversy and if that's what you're after I'm sure you'll succeed
default_sad.png

Hi Lisa. I just saw this and I don't have a clue who this big farm is nor do I care. But I do agree with everyone to leave it alone and junk it. Life is way too short. Learned this the hard way what really is important.

Hi Lisa. I just saw this and I don't have a clue who this big farm is nor do I care. But I do agree with everyone to leave it alone and junk it. Life is way too short. Learned this the hard way what really is important.

Seriously, Marty - AMEN. There are 2 many folks that hold on to the little things and let those get in the way of all the blessings we do have.

I can understand how you can feel hurt by someone you had so much respect for. We all tend to hold famous people or big name farms to a higher standard. We seem to think they will never lose there temper or act ever act anything but professional. You will always be disappointed when you really get to know them and realize they are just like everyone else. If this had not been a big name farm it wouldn't have bothered you as much. You might have been angry at first but you would have quickly gotten over it. Is this really much different than things you have read on this forum when people get angry with each other over something.

It is a shock when we find out that the people we have admired and looked up to for many years don't seem to have any respect for us. We just have to try and remember, they are human and capable of getting so angry that they may say something that really hurts. This anger could have been building up for many years and this was just a small staw that broke the camels back. We are all frustrated at the market these past couple of years and it just makes things more frustrating.

Latest posts

Back