Is it legal to post a - rude e-mail on a website that

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LisaF.

I received a rude e-mail back in May of this year. It is horrible and talks about me and other miniature horse owners.

I pay for my website - so, is it legal to paste it on too my website?

Or would you contact an attorney before doing this?

I thougth other's may have had experience with this and would know.

I would guess the email belongs to you. I don't see why you couldn't post it on your own website. But if you want to be sure certainly ask an attorney.

I think ethically...I wouldn't do it. It just seems that then you are stooping to the level of the writer of the email. I would not be happy with myself if I posted it just because I could. I would prefer to just ignore it...not give them the satisfaction of knowing that they upset me. Mean people will come back at you too, so I would just leave it alone. "Two wrongs don't make a right."

It is done on another horse blog site all the time.
Which is a very good reason not to do it on a personal website. "That" site is hardly the site to go by if you are looking for good etiquette!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa --

If you can just let it go, it would be better for you, I think. If you put it on your website (not a lawyer, but I bet you can do it legally), all you will do is let some jerk know that after 2-3 months, an email they probably put 5 minutes worth of effort into is still upsetting to you. Don't give them that satisfaction.

There's actually a funny (to me and some others) email that I sent to someone recently that I'd thought of putting on my website so others could see it, too, but decided not to, at least so far. I'm sure I can do it legally but those who don't know what's gone on won't fully appreciate how funny it is
default_biggrin.png

Just not worth it when it's a negative thing someone else sent. Don't give them the "joy" of knowing that it still upsets you.

Jill

Jill
default_wink.png
:wink

Lisa, just let it go and do not post it on your website, what good would come from it? Now if it was a scammer or something of that sort, maybe, but other then that i would just delete that junk from my inbox as it would mean nothing at all to me
default_smile.png

I agree with what others have said. Plus, if I went to a website to look at sale horses or what-not, I'd be uncomfortable if it appeared there was something argumentative in nature on the site and I'd probably excuse myself from doing business with that person in a real hurry.

I am glad I have posted this - I have thought about adding it to my website for a long time. I think I could do it legally. I am sure it would be best to know for sure from an attorney before I would do it.

I guess what bother's me it is from a HUGE very well known farm. In this e-mail this ONE PERSON talks about what they think of me and other miniature horse breeders. It is really a put down to alot of us! This farm is looked UP TO so much - even by me for many years. It is a " shocking e-mail" to me anyway. I didn't expect this person was this way at all. I do realize NOW some people already knew, but I didn't.

As of right now, I think you guy's are right. I won't stoop to her level, but until I decide 100% I won't be deleting it.

Thanks everyone for giving me some advice - I think I really needed it.

Just out of curiosity ( I don't plan on posting the e-mail) can someone tell me about this other blog? I have no idea what blog you guy's are talking about. You can PM - what is really sad I don't know anything about blogging as they call it..LOL.

It is done on another horse blog site all the time.
Which is a very good reason not to do it on a personal website. "That" site is hardly the site to go by if you are looking for good etiquette!
Agreed etiquette is not taught there. Sure is a place to go when you are looking for a dose of reality after reading all the herd sire/ top show quality material adds though!
default_biggrin.png

Well for me Lisa I would just discard junk like that as soon as I saw it. I have never had that happen in email, but I don't even know if I would read it all the way through. That is just how I am. I do not let other people knock me. I really would just let it go and don't give the person the satisfaction of knowing that it bothered you at all. Some people just have WAY too much time on their hands and they like to spend it degrading and hurting others. It really is kind of sad.

I wish I could figure out how to PM you but with this new setup I am a little challenged and haven't figured it out yet LOL. Just keep on truckin - don't let others get you down.

I am glad I have posted this - I have thought about adding it to my website for a long time. I think I could do it legally. I am sure it would be best to know for sure from an attorney before I would do it.
I guess what bother's me it is from a HUGE very well known farm. In this e-mail this ONE PERSON talks about what they think of me and other miniature horse breeders. It is really a put down to alot of us! This farm is looked UP TO so much - even by me for many years. It is a " shocking e-mail" to me anyway. I didn't expect this person was this way at all. I do realize NOW some people already knew, but I didn't.

As of right now, I think you guy's are right. I won't stoop to her level, but until I decide 100% I won't be deleting it.

Just out of curiosity ( I don't plan on posting the e-mail) can someone tell me about this other blog? I have no idea what blog you guy's are talking about. You can PM - what is really sad I don't know anything about blogging as they call it..LOL.
I think plenty of us know by your post here, just which farm you are referring too. I think it would be in your best interest to let it go. Sometime people say things that they don't really mean in the heat of things. LET IT GO.

The longer I am in horses the more I like my dog.
default_biggrin.png

I had a lady email me once with a not so nice opinion on one of my stallions. I emailed her back and told her when I ask for her opinion I'll let her know. Told her to park her opinion where the sun dont shine. Haven't heard from her since.

You just have to let things like that go. Who are these people to you? Do you really care what they say or think? Hit the delete key and let it go. There are alot of stupid opinionated people in this world. Don't let it waste one more minute of your time.

I agree with the others, let it go. I have learned that anytime you bash someone or hold them up for persecution, whether it is merited or not, always comes back and bites you in the rear. You come off looking like the bad guy instead of the other, even if they did something awful. Drop it, forget it and move on. Why let someone elses bad attitude effect you?

I think plenty of us know by your post here, just which farm you are referring too. I think it would be in your best interest to let it go. Sometime people say things that they don't really mean in the heat of things. LET IT GO.
I was just going to say, if it has to do with what im thinking it does ...it will be in your best interest to let it go ...

I have always believed that the only person who can make me look bad is me.

This other person has already made themselves look bad to you...think about it. If you post it.....

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the help. It is sad that because this person is who she is, she will get away with it.

I guess what bothers me the most is the e-mail was not directed to-wards me only.

I have tried to hit that delete button...LOL. I do forget about it for a while and then I start going through to delete old e-mails and it smacks me right in the face every time.

I DO think I need to take everyones advice thought. I had debated for a very long time on what to do. After reading the threads in this post I think I have made my decision NOT to add it to my website.

I will try to delete the e-mail someday...LOL. I just don't think I am ready to do that just yet.

Connie - I am still trying to figure out the new forum set up also...lol.

Now that my memory is refreshed, oh yes... I would let this go big time. I'm not even sure you are reflecting on the situation objectively but it wouldn't serve you well to put it on your site.

But, see - this is the part that get's me. I am not the type to back down if I feel I am in the right.

It seems like most of you know who I am talking about - Just because this person has so much power in the miniature horse industry - why does the little guy like me - be the one to back down and say it is ok - you can treat me and other's like you just did.

The complete e-mail was rude - but, this quote bothered me the most ( I think - there was alot of them)

Exact Quote

I am so glad ( stallion's name inserted here) is old and tired because so are we from dealing with people like you.

To me that is a SAD Quote!

But words are many times spoken and taken back or forgotton; emails do leave a trail but it is still your word against hers in the long run. You caught her at a very stressful time. Please just let it go. I know for me I don't want to know, I am only guessing and feel that she may have been at the end of a long road, had many more irons in the fire and feeling fired upon, and you were the last straw. Not defending anyone, just trying to understand both sides of an issue that I am not sure of. I hope you will be the bigger person and just let it go....

I'd have to agree with the others--you would do best to let it go. The thing is, you weren't exactly in the right--I'm not defending the writer of that e-mail and am not commenting on how rude it was or wasn't--but this could have been avoided if you had familiarized yourself with how things work in regard to this matter. You believe you were in the right, but the other party could very easily show you up as being in the wrong and it just doesn't pay to take on anyone--big name farm or otherwise--over an issue like this. You are not in a position of strength on this one and posting the e-mail is not going to do you any good at all. It may actually cause you more problems and I suggest that it's just not worth it.

Latest posts

Back