Is it just me???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue_C.

Reaction score
Okay, am I missing something here? I look through the auction here on our Canadian Miniature Horse site, and much of the items for sale state in their "Seller's "blurb"", that they will only ship to the lower 48 States. why WOULD that BE? I mean seriously...this is not the Dark Ages...we too have a Postal Service "UP HERE".

Just had a need to vent. Not picking on any one seller, that I am aware of, it was just that the last four items I was interested in are not available to me...and that, my friends, is why I no longer look to buy. it is a shame when my money...in US Funds as well, is not good enough here...on a Canadian site.

Yes, that is a shame, and definitely means potentially lost sales for the sellers. I can understand charging more to ship to Canada, because it costs more, but it should definitely be an option for any Canadians wishing to purchase.
default_yes.gif

Yes, that is a shame, and definitely means potentially lost sales for the sellers. I can understand charging more to ship to Canada, because it costs more, but it should definitely be an option for any Canadians wishing to purchase.
default_yes.gif
Exactly...it is no different for the seller...they just mail the item, and send a tracking number. Good grief, I have been buying around the entire world for years, yet there are still so many US sellers who just keep thinking it is so difficult. Sigh... heck, it is easier to buy from Hong Kong, than it is the US...yet I TRY very hard to keep my purchases "local" to N. america, if my money isn't good enough south of our border, then overseas I shall go with my pocketbook.

The only thing I can think of is that if folks are using paypal w/the postal service to print their labels and then have mail carrier pick up at their house, they will not accept canadian packages.....they'd have to go to post office personally...at least thats how it was when I used ebay....if I had a canadian buyer I had to take my package to the post office, they wouldn't pick it up at my house.

I hope I didn't put that when I wrote my blurbs in mine years ago.
default_sad.png
If I did, I'll change it!

I can understand not wanting to fool with shipping to Canada... but not if I had advertised the item on a sales board directed at Canadians.

I can understand not wanting to fool with shipping to Canada... but not if I had advertised the item on a sales board directed at Canadians.
Exactly so...and considering they are advertising ON a Canadian Auction site, it would make sense to sell TO Canadians, wouldn't you think?
default_wacko.png

Yes to both, doesn't make sense to advertise if they aren't willing to ship and yes, most often it is because the US post office and Canada's postal system don't mesh very well. It is impossible for the USPS to track and confirm any packages beyond customs. The Canadian postal service must put in a request and do the follow up but it takes forever. I sold collection of children's books to a Canadian customer. There was no record of them beyond customs, I had insurance but it took about ten weeks to get a refund and that refund did not include the shipping which was about $35. It only covers the product. I can understand not wanting to deal with shipping issues.

I can say for sure that there are sellers that have lost a sale because they won't ship to Canada...because I have wanted to buy things from those sellers and instead spent my money elsewhere...giving it to sellers who will ship to Canada.

I have had items sent via USPS and have used their website for tracking to see where my parcel was at...and I have used the Canada post tracking service to check delivery status on parcels I have mailed to the US. It does work--going either way.

I completely understand Minimor, I still ship overseas. In my case with the package mentioned, Canada's postal service could not track the package beyond the customs postal site. they put in an inquiry,which took several weeks for them to try to trace every step. Their conclusion, it was lost or stolen at the Canadian customs postal site.

Latest posts

Back