Is hurricane Gustav raining on anyones Nationals plans?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I have heard a bit about it, its supose to be big, is it affecting anyones nationals / travel plans?

I think we are fine heading from Tennessee in...maybe a little rain but i hope everyone can avoid Gustav and make it to Nationals...

I just got an email from someone in OK ...."The local weather men here in Oklahoma are predicting heavy rains with possible flooding Wednesday in the eastern part of the state."

We'll be arriving Thursday evening, so hopefully we won't have any troubles.

Oh no! I hope stalls wont flood again this year. You guys have a safe trip and be careful!

Fran

We are leaving tomorrow evening and hope to be pulling in Tuesday early afternoon. I'm not worried about weather for us. What I am worried about is my daughter and the youth she is traveling with flying in Tuesday evening. They have to fly from Raleigh, NC to Dallas, TX to change planes, so I am hoping they can get in and out of the airport before anything hits there, then its an hour flight to Tulsa. I will be holding my breath until they arrive, its just scary sending them alone even though my daughter is 23. Its only her second time flying. But we will be on our way tomorrow.

We're hoping for dry travel weather as well. We are leaving Tuesday afternoon and should arrive early Wednesday morning. I remember those waterfalls from last year well. That overhang is the covered walkway that lead to the barn we were in.
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
I hope you guys all have a very safe trip!! I will be thinking of you all! I have been there the past 2 years and deffinately remember the flooding that went on last year~!

I wish I could be there with you all! I sure wish you the best of luck!!
default_smile.png

We're watching for the rain from Gustav. It's forecasted to come to N. East TX Tuesday/Wednesday so there is a little concern that it will be south enough to give us a good drenching (which we need!). I think I'll be fine to pull out on Sunday though.

We were in the barn that got flooded, and most of our stuff that was eletrical got fried. Going to be in that same barn again
default_rolleyes.gif

This time we are keeping out tack stall more inward towards the barn, I still would not like one of our horse's stall to get flooded tho.
default_no.gif

Everyone be careful on their WAY to Nationals too!! There is a warning on the sales board from someone in regards to gas stations being shut down, no water, flooded areas and roads.... everyone please take plenty of water jugs for you AND the horses in case you get stuck somewhere or have to take a long detour, and a gas can is not a bad idea either!!! I would keep your vehicles full and not let them get down too much on fuel if you are driving in an area that has problems with the storm!

Just checked the latest projected path for the storm from a local station in Houston. It looks like by Friday it will be over 75 and head north towards Tulsa Saturday and Sunday.

Latest posts

Back