Is Anyone Else Getting Away This Winter?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Kevin and I are going back to Puerto Vallarta; fourth time we've gone together and my tenth time going. I so love it there; and this will be the third time in a row that we've gone to the same resort...close enough to downtown, but still semi-secluded. We plan on doing more excursions this year including zip-lining (everyone says its just an amazing experience), whale-watching again, and...I can't wait for this...swimming with sea lions in the open ocean! It seems they have a limited number of participants/hours for the sake of the animals, so that's what made me decide to go ahead and do it. Here's a link: http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/sea-lion-encounter

So excited to get out of this bitter cold. And I feel so fortunate that we have a great employee that can look after the kids for a week
default_smile.png

Anyone else planning a get-away this winter?

I wish
default_laugh.png
Have a great time and share your amazing adventure when you get back. Hearing about your trip will be as close as I'm going to get to travelling this winter

We haven't been on a vacation since our honeymoon, and none in the foreseeable future either. Winter is really hard to get away for more than a day when you have livestock, and I'm not talking a few head of horses. And, its never in the budget either.

I usually go to our beach house in Florida but this year my show stallion is home so sadly there will be no winter getaways for me. Your trip sounds fantastic!! I can't wait to see the photos.

That sucks; I realise that we're lucky to be able to get away for a bit...Sorry if it sounds like I'm boasting; I'm just excited. If I could bring you with me, I would
default_smile.png

It does not sound like boasting Matt, go and enjoy your holiday, no one begrudges you your time away, we are just envious. It sounds like a wonderful trip and a great chance to escape the winter weather and the everyday stuff. We just want pictures so we can imagine what it would be like to go ourselves ;)

It does not sound like boasting Matt, go and enjoy your holiday, no one begrudges you your time away, we are just envious. It sounds like a wonderful trip and a great chance to escape the winter weather and the everyday stuff. We just want pictures so we can imagine what it would be like to go ourselves ;)
Ditto!

Our family went to Flordia recently--(Jan 5th) for 8 days. We went to Medieval Times (which was my fav.), Daytona Speedway 500 [nascar], Daytona Beach, Sea world, Busch Gardens, and Aquatica. It was fun but I was glad to come back to the farm and my pets. =)

Have fun on your vacation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy! No trips here either. Hoping my husband can work out a week's worth of vacation for this summer when negotiating his salary with the hopeful position for a new employer. Keeping my fingers crossed, please send good thoughts and prayers, should have an answer by Friday. In the meantime enjoy your upcoming trip and daydreaming about it until then! I will never begrudge anyone a well earned break from reality!

NOt really, going to Chicago for school so not really a vacation.

sorry, no but yours sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you post some photos and share when you get back? I think the last time I went on vacation was 1988...

Going in a few weeks to Florida, parents have a house in Naples

I'll be sure to post pics
default_smile.png
. Never been to Naples (but i have been to Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale, Wellington, Palm Beach, Miami, and Key West). What's Naples like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Naples is on the Southwest Gulf coast. Kinda expensive for Florida. I would like to take a daytrip to the keys. They have a fishing pier, a zoo, beautiful beaches, right next to the everglades. I love hiking, flea markets, animals and WARM weather. Love to visit, but could never live there in the summer.... I'd melt in that humidity !

Have not been on a vacation since I was a teen in 1980!

Looking forward to the pics as always Matt!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back