Is anybody else ready for the Hee Haw Holiday Exchange???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobbsFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Has anyone else been looking all year for that perfect "donkey" gift for our exchange like I have? I found out last year that finding good long ear gifts is not as easy as it sounds. :ugh: And since we have a lot of new long ear folks on here this year that might not know about our Hee Haw Holiday Exchange, I thought I would go ahead and mention it so they can start looking now!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Last year was our first year to exchange on the donkey forum and it was lots of FUN! Who could forget Teri smooshing the stuffed donkey from Roxy in her scanner to get a picture of it to show us?? LOL! That still cracks me up when I think about it! :new_rofl: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Anyway, I know Corinne will post the details pretty soon, but I will tell you what I remember from last year. Of course, it's optional. You only sign up if you want to be a part of the exchange. It's secret. No one knows who has who except Ce. I think we were told to keep the gift around $20 and then you will pay the shipping on top of that. It got really exciting when everyone started getting their gifts in the mail and posting pictures of wrapped presents and we couldn't open them :nono: until everybody got theirs. Did I mention that?
default_frusty.gif
: Yup, we ALL waited until everybody had their gift then picked a night when we could all meet in a chatroom and had an opening party.
default_cheers.gif
: Keep in mind that there were not near as many folks last year as there will be this year and it still got a little crazy in that chatroom. (There were so many people talking at once that you would miss a lot.) So it seems like we talked about maybe doing something different this year. The exchange was a great way of making new friends and posting really picked up too.
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Sorry, I didn't mean for this to be so long, I'm just looking forward to the party! :488: :risa8: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

OMG! YES! I almost posted about it yesterday LOL

[SIZE=12pt]OMG, this year sure went by fast. I remember that pic of Teri's smooshed donkey, I think that cracked everyone up, that will be a good rememberance of Roxi too. For the new ones-Roxi was a forum member who died of cancer this past July. I swear its impossible to find a donkey gift in my area! I have been thinking about the exchange too, and was going to post something soon. I'm going to need everyones imput on our chatroom party, and do we have a volunteer for setting up a chatroom?? I think that was about the only part we will have to do differant, it was confusing with everyone opening there gifts at the same time. OR if you want we dont need to do a chatroom, its up to you all, just let me know. Is it OK with everyone to leave the gift exchange at $20.00 (and remember there is shipping involved also) ? Lets hear all of your ideas and come up with one great HEE-HAW 2nd. HOLIDAY EXCHANGE. Everyone and anyone is welcome to join in on the fun, and after we have deceided what and if we will change anything I will pin the topic and you can start emailing me your names to join in. YAHOOOOO..I love this time of the year! Corinne (Ce) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]LOL ... I'll have to find that pic on Photobucket and use it as my avatar
default_wink.png
: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Yes! It was a fun time with the gift exchange last year
default_yes.gif
: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I think we should have our online party on the forum ....have a special thread for it. It wouldn't crash LilBeginnings would it?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Will anyway, sign me up :bgrin [/SIZE]

I remember I set up the chat room - I want to find the old link maybe it is still there LOL

Of course I am there!!!

Oh I wanna play too :aktion033: :aktion033: Sounds like great fun. I'm going to start looking for something special now
default_yes.gif
:

I'm ready...let the fun begin. The forum was so active last year it was just so much fun watching the post, and seeing who got there gifts. Corinne are you going to post dates and all the good stuff soon? Jole

I want to play. Count me in. Can anyone explain to me how photobucket works? I have tried to put in a picture, but it just won't go. I still have dial up in my area only, does that make a difference?

default_wink.png
:

I am IN!!!!!!!!!! haha Already scoping out gifts........ BUT this is my input....IF we do the chatroom again, can we take turns one by one and open gifts and post what we got and who from, then the next person and so on until everyone has opened theirs and then everyone can start chatting at will.........I found it hard to keep up with it with everyone opening and it all happening at once.
default_wink.png
:

We could have someone start, and then who they got their gift from is the one that gets to go next and so on.....
default_unsure.png
:

I'd like to play too. I like the idea of taking turns, like what KsCowgirl said. That would make it easier to see who got what and from whom.

I all ready have a couple of items!!!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033: A good place to look is eBay. Do a search for donkey mule and you'll find all kinds of neat things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am IN!!!!!!!!!! haha Already scoping out gifts........ BUT this is my input....IF we do the chatroom again, can we take turns one by one and open gifts and post what we got and who from, then the next person and so on until everyone has opened theirs and then everyone can start chatting at will.........I found it hard to keep up with it with everyone opening and it all happening at once.
default_wink.png
:

We could have someone start, and then who they got their gift from is the one that gets to go next and so on.....
default_unsure.png
:
I'd like to play too. I like the idea of taking turns, like what KsCowgirl said. That would make it easier to see who got what and from whom. I all ready have a couple of items!!!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033: A good place to look is eBay. Do a search for donkey mule and you'll find all kinds of neat things.
:aktion033: What a GREAT idea :aktion033:

that could really work !!!

I remember being SOOOOooo frustrated not being able to get on the Chat
default_wacko.png
:

**it seems there were a bunch of "Guests" though?? that may? have overloaded it??
default_unsure.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I think I will be able to play this year thanks to Nik
default_wink.png
:

I can play this year :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: (2 donkeys) But I must warn you I am very NOT patient when it comes to leaving gifts alone. Ask Michele. I didn't even wait until December last year on the horse gifts
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
: Just couldn't help myself, I was so excited. My granddaughters MADE me open it and I always give them what they want. :bgrin :bgrin Soooorry, I promise to do better this year if you let me play.
default_yes.gif
:

Bonnie, thats NAUGHTY, and Santa is watching
default_wink.png
: It sounds like everyone is getting anxious for me to put the "official HEE HAW 2007 HOLIDAY EXCHANGE list up. I am planning on doing that on Sept 30 and sign up will be till Oct.28, Is it agreed we are going to keep the gift (s) at $20.00?? Remember there is also shipping besides the $20.00. I also think we need a much more organized chat room party or would you prefer to do it right on the forum.I remember last year alot of us jumped off the chat room and posted about our gifts on the forum. That would be nice for those who are not participating in our excahnge, to at least be able to see and hear all about the fum and our gifts. BUT...you all decide what you want to do and just let me know. ...forum gift opening or chat room opening. Lets take a vote on this now, and also about the money amount. Corinne (Ce)

:saludando: ok, I'll pipe in with my newbie 2 cents --

*I think $20 is a reasonable amount for a gift, and then shipping on top of that.

*The forum might work better for posting everyone's presents, pictures, etc.? Less confusion and people being left out? But I understand the instant gratification/excitement that a chat room would provide
default_yes.gif
: Kind of like our very own live holiday party I suppose? :bgrin So, I guess I'm still on the fence on that one.. lol :eek: But, it seems to me like the posts DO show up pretty quickly on the forum?

I think the forum will work as well
default_yes.gif
:

We could even take turns like Michele suggested.

It was really neat how we all came together last year at the same time and opened our presents (even if all could not get on)

I think we all were there weren't we????

Just remember Ce ...west coast ~ east coast time
default_wink.png
:

Bonnie, thats NAUGHTY, and Santa is watching
default_wink.png
: It sounds like everyone is getting anxious for me to put the "official HEE HAW 2007 HOLIDAY EXCHANGE list up. I am planning on doing that on Sept 30 and sign up will be till Oct.28, Is it agreed we are going to keep the gift (s) at $20.00?? Remember there is also shipping besides the $20.00. I also think we need a much more organized chat room party or would you prefer to do it right on the forum.I remember last year alot of us jumped off the chat room and posted about our gifts on the forum. That would be nice for those who are not participating in our excahnge, to at least be able to see and hear all about the fum and our gifts. BUT...you all decide what you want to do and just let me know. ...forum gift opening or chat room opening. Lets take a vote on this now, and also about the money amount. Corinne (Ce)
[SIZE=14pt]Did someone say NAUGHTY and SANTA in the same sentence?? Because I've got this picture... LOL! I know, I know Ce, I'll behave this year... :flirt: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Okay, the forum is fine with me for doing the party because the chatroom was a little crazy last year. However, we have to remember that it takes a while to take a picture or two, load them on to your computer, upload to Photobucket or a picture service, etc. If you remember last year, we had the party in the chat room and then over the next couple of days, people took pictures of their gifts and posted them on a thread (that I think Michele started for us
default_yes.gif
: ) Just a few things to think about. But whatever you all decide is fine with me! I'm just ready to sign up!!! :new_multi: :risa8: :488:
default_cheers.gif
: :cheeky-smiley-006:
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back