Is any one else really tired of this weather?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I don't know how good it is, but guess its correct... Here's a Fahrenheit to Celsius converter: http://fahrenheittocelsius.com/

And, lower on the page it shows the formulas for the conversions, but I kind of like just being able to plug it in and have it tell me, rather than doing the math.

That conversion thing is great Chanda, it does say -40 is -40 either way. -32C is -25.6F so yup it was cold
default_wacko.png
and is again today altho its warming up faster today and is already only -17(1.39F) which is not so awful.

That conversion thing is great Chanda, it does say -40 is -40 either way. -32C is -25.6F so yup it was cold
default_wacko.png
and is again today altho its warming up faster today and is already only -17(1.39F) which is not so awful.
I missed the minus part of that first conversation saying 40 was the same in both. I knew there was one temperature that was the same for both, but couldn't remember what it was, and didn't look low enough on the thermometer to find -40.
default_whistling.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_doh.gif

Well Chandab we have the +40C here and I think I'm going to die. Wish I could send a few of those degrees over your way.

I just reread that post and you missed the (-) part because I failed to type it.
default_doh.gif
Its hard enough to be clear on meaning when I type the details but 40 and -40 are not the same thing at all. Sorry.
default_oops.gif

I just reread that post and you missed the (-) part because I failed to type it.
default_doh.gif
Its hard enough to be clear on meaning when I type the details but 40 and -40 are not the same thing at all. Sorry.
default_oops.gif
No wonder I was confused, which isn't too hard on a good day.
default_wink.png

AND it's snowing again! another 1-3 they SAY, but it's basically supposed to snow all day and a bit tonight. That sounds like

more-I hope not!

Very much so...we have 4 ft of snow at camp on the west side of Michigan and about 2 1/2 at my house in the central part of Michigan....I have an hour drive to work and this winter I have spent way too many 2+ hrs one way to work....we have not seen grass since right before Thanksgiving...on the upside, been doing a lot of snowmobiling. The drifting has been horrible too...and the bitter cold....stay warm everyone.

Ice fog here. It is the sneakiest stuff! Invisible sheet of ice on sidewalks and roads. I went out this morning, carrying a bucket of water, to do my animals and took two steps on the porch. My feet went out from under and I was flat on my back. You can picture what happened to the bucket of water. The sheet of ice was invisible; you had to run your foot over it to detect it. We have not seen the sun in nearly a week.

Thursday is supposed to be 60. We can recharge, before the next front arrives.

We had 3 inches of the super light and fluffy stuff yesterday. Husband is plowing it. It is taking him a little less time because it is so light. Today is sunny and is supposed to make the low 20's; But it's back to the deep freeze for the next two or three days then (not a freezing as before, but cold enough!!!). Future long range forecasts on accuweather look more promising though. 30's, 40's and they even posted a 50! (I think that was March though). I keep saying, 'Oh, this will be the last week of freezing cold', and then we get another. It'll break sometime. And then in June-August we can complain about the heat, etc. right!

Marsha, hope you are ok; but gotta say, at least you made it outside with your bucket of water... I filled a couple up the other day, and tripped over the hall rug and dumped almost the whole bucket all down the hall, so spent quite awhile sopping up water and drying the rug.

Supposed to be a big snow storm (for here) coming this Wed. Keep your fingers crossed the power doesn't go out!

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm with all the wild weather!

another storm predicted here too... oh noooooooooooooooooo. Folks locally just getting power back in the last 24 hours from the storm last week. tree branches everywhere. Ugh. I am so sick of winter. Kids only had one half day school last week and started today 2 hours late. school going well into june for summer. sheesh. stay safe folks and try to stay on your feet. Falling is no fun.

take care. Keep griping here... its good for all of us.

haha

we're under another severe weather warning here too. This is a bad winter even for us in the south!

I'm stocked up and have brought in extra wood. I'll use more of it this time since the darn propane has more than doubled in price.

Today is supposed to be our last day of cold for a while. Tomorrow a warming trend and by Saturday--70 degrees!! I'll be able to clean out the chicken house and all the water troughs! The bird bath will thaw so the birds can get a drink! I may lay out in the sun and catch some rays--something we haven't seen for over a week! Hope to get some driving in, too.

btw, the day after my fall my neck hurt pretty bad. Today I feel stiff all over. It takes a while for a fall to tell its tale.

Now I am really fed up!!!!!! Yesterday my Mom's car's temp gage went up normally and then fell to 0 before she got too far from home and she realized she was getting no heat. Then my Husband comes home and says I need to follow him to the transmission place this morning so he can leave the truck (his main vehicle and our truck for pulling the trailer). He wanted the system flushed and the transmission checked out. He thinks it might have a problem (he is NO mechanic). So we head out today. He had left my car outside last night and it was -20 or -30 degrees. He had it running and the fan turned up as high as it would go trying to get it warmer I guess cause I am on the crutches. He takes off down the road before I even get in the car. About a mile down the road I notice the temp gage is past half way (it would never be there that soon in this weather) and climbing and realize the car is not warming at all. By the time I went another 1/2 mile it was almost to the red! I pulled over and phone him (luckily has a hands free unit). He comes back and follows me back home and then takes my car to work (guess in the long run it would be cheaper to replace a car than a truck, if needed). I guess the temp thingy is frozen up or something. Our mechanic says, of course he shouldn't be driving it. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I DEFINITELY have absolutely had it with winter now!!!! No more -0 or more temps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well on the bright side we are all not alone in our misery......we are all worn out.......hoping for warm temps end of week so I can drive, the minis are all pretty crabby right along with the rest of us....

Marsha, no fair! I will not be driving anything for a couple of months yet. Sorry to hear about your fall, I took one of those right next to my barn on Friday, just one foot slipped but I still ended on my face in the snow, grrr. It has warmed up slightly (it was only -17C this morning and should warm about 5 degrees more) but now it has decided that we should enjoy some more of that white s... er...crud! I swear at this rate it will be August before it all melts. At least we live up on a hill so we won't flood but I bet there will be plenty who continue to curse this winter even when it thaws.

I feel bad when ever any of you said you have slipped or fell or are getting more ice. Here I am on these crutches, on and off for almost 7 months now! I sure wouldn't wish this on any of you! Especially now in this weather!

Please, southern/eastern states folks-take care! Stay in. People forget or don't realize that ice is NOT snow. There is no traction. It's not worth a life! Take care all of you..I pray you all stay safe.

Latest posts

Back