Irish Hills Farm National Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
I'm pleased to share with eveyone our results from this year's National Show. It was our first year back showing and to attend Nationals since 2005, and I have to say I couldn't be more thrilled with how our horses did.

First, the biggest excitement to me anyway... Jinx is now a National Top Ten sire. YEP YEP
default_aktion033.gif

This year was his second foal crop and I took Irish Hills Way Cool Jr aka Junior to Nationals. So, this was Jinx's first get to attend Nationals and Junior placed 10th in Weanling Stallion 28 - 30". I was THRILLED! I will be ordering a back drop photo of Junior and when I receive it, I'll share the picture with everyone. I've decided that Junior will become my Super G prospect, so come Monday morning I'll be calling the vet's office to schedule an appointment to have him gelded.
default_yes.gif

080707.jpg

Pre-National so-so photo of Junior.

The rest of the results are:

Erica's Caramel Macchiato placed 10th in the 2 year old Mare 33" and under Futurity class.

Irish Hills Toys In The Attic placed 6th in 2 year old gelding 35-37" and 7th in the Owned, Bred, and Shown By class.

Willow Creeks Dancers Dream Weaver placed 9th in his Senior Gelding 30-32" Amatuer class.

I'm already looking forward to next year's Nationals. I just hope the show next year ends before 3-4 o'clock in the morning. We ended up scratching one of Dream Weaver's driving classes because none of us felt like staying up until 3 am to drive him.
default_wacko.png

Anyway...

Our new additions!

We went out to the Martin's farm on Saturday. We got a tour of the place and we were wow-ed several times over.

When we got to one of the mare's pastures there was one little chestnut filly that immediately caught my eye and I knew right then and there she was MINE! I tried to resist buying her but what is one more right?

She is triple Rock E bred, will stay small enough to hardship into AMHR in 3 years. She is out of a Mardi Gra daughter and by Sky Captain. The Martins were kind enough to let me help name her so introducing...

Martin's Sky Captain's Party Girl aka Party. I do have to admit that I'm not sure if I'll spell it that way or Martin's Sky Captains Part E Girl.

P1.jpg

AND

We are pleased to intorduce

Cross Country Wild Heart a bay OVERO double bred Cross Country Rowdy Reflection daughter. Heart will be my over show filly for the next couple of years. She is such a sweetheart.
default_wub.png
I thought I had gotten a picture of her from the show but can't find it. So, here is the picture of her from B's site and yes I have permission to use it. I'll have to try and get a picture of Heart tomorrow and post it.

pintomarefilly3.jpg

I also brought home Seahorse Spirits Gift of Love. Love was delivered to me at the show by EZ2Spot Transport when they came to pick up the girls that are going overseas. Love is another sweetie that I'm looking forward to showing next year.

loves.jpg

I also brought home Curry's Playgirl, a yearling AMHR/ASPC filly. I'll have to take a picture of her as well tomorrow.

I think that's it for the new kids....

Anyway, I also want to say thank you to Leeana for all her help. Ernie and I truly appreciated it. You did really well and hopefully next year you'll be able to go to Nationals with your own horses. I know how hard it is to be there and not be able to show. lol

Thanks for letting me share and Congrats to everyone and all their placings at Nationals.

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS SHERYL!!!!!!!

You must be on Cloud NINE with those placings and those beautiful new 'kids'....WOW...
default_new_shocked.gif

Congrats Sheryl! I was so very proud of Jr. he is such a great guy! I scared everybody here yelling when they called his name!
default_smile.png

Congrats on all your placings and your new purchases! Here is a picture of Playgirl from Jim Curry's site. I've been by his place several times but never actually stopped and met him and his ponies. I really should do that one of these days.

Congratulations on all your wins Sheryl!!! WOWEE those new babies are all so gorgeous, are you sure you have room for them all, maybe you could send a couple up to me
default_rolleyes.gif

Yvonne

Congratulations on all your placings!!!! And what wonderful new additions.

It was so nice to meet you as well.
default_saludando.gif

Congrats Sheryl on your placings!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

And Congrats on your new additions they are beautiful!!
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Huge congratulations Sheryl! I got to see several of your classes which was way cool!
default_488.gif
You had a great show and all your new babies are just beautiful!
default_wub.png
Looks like next year will be another great one.
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats Sheryl
default_smile.png
. All the clipping...bathing...razoring and running back and forth numerous times was worth it for the wins and i really did enjoy it, next year i will be taking my own horses though
default_wink.png

Way to go
default_saludando.gif

WOW! Your new additions are gorgeous.....all of them. Congrats on your wins too!

Now Sheryl you said the fillys were pretty but ummm I think that was an understatement???? They are STUNNING!!!. Now you know if they need a place to stay, I've got room for a few more.
default_yes.gif
That Martins filly is just what needs to be here at Rockin Angels.
default_wink.png
Oh and your bay mare is setting in just fine till you get a chance to get here and pick her up. Thanks again and BIG Congratulations to you too.

Congratulations Sheryl on your placings at Nationals. Love your new horses especially Party T Girl who could come here we have room. . Glad you got home safe and had a great time.

Sheryl --

Congratulations on your wins AND your new babies!!!!!!!!!

I got to catch you showing in several classes and you and your horses looked really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO, My Friend
love0075.gif

Jill

Congrats Sheryl! How exciting! And good luck with all your new babies.

Cognrats Sheryl!

I caught your ammy class with Toy excellant job:)

Congratulations Sheryl!

I love your new babies - all of them are gorgeous! I'm glad you had such a great Nationals!

Barbara

Thank you everyone for the congrats on the placings and on our new additions.
default_saludando.gif

I'm already looking forward to next year!
default_yes.gif

Congratulations Sheryl!!! Love your new kids!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back