ipod touch experts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthorsemom

Reaction score
Hi All, I bought a apple ipod touch 8 gb. I think it is second gen. It is used and it was very reasonable. I am a computer dsylexic. It took me several hours to get the music on there. Can anyone tell me an easy way to get it to talk to the computer to set up email and apps? Or tell me where to go to get the information? I was watching a you tube of some little kid showing how to set up hotmail, but I couldn't make mine work with the demo. Not sure what I am missing. My computer geek friend might come over to help me, but I thought I would ask if this is necessary, or if it is simple and I am just missing something. PS, I have wi fi fios in my home.

thanks

Can anyone tell me an easy way to get it to talk to the computer to set up email and apps?
you don't need it to talk to the computer. Just click on the app store icon on your ipod - you can purchase or download free apps right there. Same with your mail...click on the mail icon - first time you use it it will ask you a couple of simple q's like your email account name and password - once you've set it up you won't have to enter that again - it'll just pull up your mail instantly by clicking the icon.

you don't need it to talk to the computer. Just click on the app store icon on your ipod - you can purchase or download free apps right there. Same with your mail...click on the mail icon - first time you use it it will ask you a couple of simple q's like your email account name and password - once you've set it up you won't have to enter that again - it'll just pull up your mail instantly by clicking the icon.
I did the mail thing, but it asked me questions I wasn't sure about the answers and then it threw up on me. I need to know how to answer the questions right. I will try the app thing. Do I need to be hard hooked up to my computer, or will the wi fi kick in when I turn it on.
default_wacko.png

If you have wifi at home you need to set up the wifi on the ipod, go to settings, Wi-Fi and then enter your home settings. If you are using public wifi do the same and select whatever wifi is available.

Once you have the wifi set up you can connect to the app store.

To set up mail, after you set up wifi, go to settings, scroll down to mail,contacts,calanders.From there select who you have email with and enter the info.

To hook your ipod to the computer, there should be a usb cable that came with it, connect that to the bottom of the ipod and then a usb port, but you do not need it connected to the computer to set it up or get apps.

I read on the internet about this 2nd generation ipod having connection problems.

I hope it is not that.

It shows a lock for my computer set up so my computer is "secure", but I cannot find where it will prompt for a pass code or anything.

I thought I had it at one point, but nada. No connection, not even when plugged right into the computer I cannot access the apps or connect at all except to load songs and sync,.
default_wacko.png

If you have a private wifi, did you enter your info? I am wondering if it still has settings from the past owner? I believe (I have never done it) that if ou hold the button on the top and the button on the bottom (the circle) and hold them for a few seconds it will reset the ipod. You would loose anything you put in there, but it doesnt sound like you have anything in there. When you plug it into the computer, if you click on your ipod on the left, it will show the infor for your ipod, I believe you can also reset factory settings from there.

If you go under settings, general then network, might be where you can add your settings, sorry. It has been a while since I have set one up. I have a second generation and have never had any problems with it. We also have two third generations, one for each kid, and I have the 4th generation. I should sell one or two, jsut have not gotten around to it!

Here's a link that will help you! If you have the AppleCare Protection Plan or if you are still within your 1-year warranty, you can also call AppleCare and they'll be able to walk you though setting it up. The number for AppleCare is 800-275-2273 they are open 9a-9p EST, 7 days a week.

iPod touch support page from Apple.

default_aktion033.gif
Hey thanks for all the support ladies! I called Apple after browsing their help on line and still being confused and I got lucky that the ipod was still covered for a couple of more months for full phone support. A nice guy talked me through setting it up. It seems that the previous owners stuff was still on the ipod and it was only a matter of clearing out all her stuff and resetting everything and then it would finally talk to my computer. It had some deep settings that were preventing it from talking to my computer. Way cool, what a neat little gadget. I am such a nerd. Thanks for all the advice everybody and for helping me get started on this little gadget..
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back