Iowa State Fair AMHR Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awoimini

Reaction score
Hello fellow forum readers,

I would like to extend a personal invitation to each and every one of you to attend the Iowa State Fair AMHR Show. It will be held August 13-15. Check-in will be on Saturday, August 12.

We began many years ago (14?) with about 65 head. Last year we had a record of 172. This is a two judge show with payback under both judges for performance, and for Championships in halter. Eight performance classes have been added this year, including a 2-up draft hitch and a 4-up draft hitch for the minis. We will show with the Belgian Draft Horses this year. Our State Fair boasts attendance of over 1 million for the last two years. It's one you'd never forget. Prices are extremely reasonable and crowds are terrific! Facilities are second to none. For class list and more information, please go to the Iowa State Fair Website at :

www.iowastatefair.org I doubt the class list is there yet, but it should be published soon. There is a contact person for events. Please contact her for a premium book or download the entry form when it gets on the website. Entries close July 1st. It should be updated by April 15th.

If you have further questions, please contact myself at [email protected]

Rita Lindahl,

ISF Show Secretary.

This show is managed by the Iowa State Fair.

Hello Rita, nice to see you again!
default_smile.png

I just want to echo Rita's invitation to all the folks reading this forum. This is always a GREAT show. I am so proud of our Iowa State Fair competitions. It's a wonderful clean facility and the people who run these shows are top notch. The competition is always right up there at the top so join in the fun!

I may be partial but our State Fair is a GREAT State Fair!
default_yes.gif
:

I encourage everyone to come to Des Moines, Iowa this August......take in this AMHR show and take a bit of a relaxing "Iowa style" mini vacation
default_wink.png
: enjoy our GREAT Iowa State Fair with all it's great perks. So many events going on to entertain you on your free time! Good family fun! I wish I could take you all on a tour, this is a not your typical fair.....it is so much MORE.
default_smile.png

Remember.... quality show/competition, great atmosphere,excellent facilities, affordable and FUN! Check out the website, you won't be sorry! Looking forward to the fair, hope to see ya there. :saludando: Russ

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back