Introduction!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracerace

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tracy and though I have lurked off and on in the past, I've finally got the nerve to post. We have a family farm here in NE Indiana (corn and beans) and we have a small boarding stable.

We have an OTTB and a POA filly of our own. Our boarders (we only have one couple boarding now, and we like it this way) have a Percheron mare that we are breaking to saddle (dressage), a Trakhener mare that has EPM so she is retired, and most importantly, 2 amazing miniature fillies! I have decided that I will NOT allow the owner to ever take the mini's from us...LOL...

I never thought I'd love a mini the way I do, as I used to think they were quite useless. These two arrived as weanlings last summer and I've done every bit of bonding and training that they've had, and I could not love them more! I've come here because I want to learn more about the right time to start them in cart, etc. The owner wants to use them for her grandkids to ride (they only visit once or twice a year) but I fear that one will be just too small. The other is on the larger size - though we haven't measured in some time now, I think she's oversized at about 35". The smaller one is pictured in my avatar with my daughter -- she was quite a pistol when she came. She was unhappy and would bite and kick every chance she'd get (she was weaned at 6 or 8 weeks old...could this be why?). I became desperate with her and ended up getting a Parelli kit, and had great success turning her around, as you can see by the picture! She is now the first one to come running to us when we go out to see them.

Well, I hope I can learn a lot here. I have a stack of books on mini's - so hopefully I can muddle through this with your help.

Also, I am so happy for what you all are doing for the Bradley's down in Waveland. We moved from Waveland 6 years ago, and sold our house 4 years ago (we had hoped to keep it as a vacation home but it was hard to manage it from here). My heart sank when I saw them on CNN...you all are doing wonderful things. I'm here to say that the peopleof the Gulf Coast are wonderful people and the friends that we have who are displaced are grateful for the support from people like you!

Tracy

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you have a nice herd!!

JJay

Hi from Michigan!!!
saludando.gif
And believe me you will learn alot!! The people on this forum are great and very helpful!

I wish you the best with your 2 mini friends!

Leya

Welcome! It will be great to get to know you better and hear more about your horses and you as time goes by and you want to share.

I am located in OR and you can click on my page link below to visit my site and learn more about myself and my horses (mostly my horses at this point!)

Liz M.

Hi Tracy
saludando.gif

A big old welcome from Washington State....glad to have you here with us!! I know that I learn stuff everyday on here, don't feel like I contribute too much since I have only had my minis 3 years or so now, but it's nice to have a place to come & get others input, etc. Welcome again!! Valerie
biggrin.gif

Welcome, Tracy!!!

I bet a lot of us can remember our own "they're cute... but what are they good for?" thoughts when we first saw minis -- I know I can!!! Now I enjoy them more than my big guys!

mayi.gif

Latest posts

Back