introduction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure and get a signed note from the vet to prove he was gelded so you get your refund
default_smile.png

We worked on getting rid of chain link. We used to have it and over the years at least 3 mares tore off their upper eyelids (nasty bloody mess
default_sad.png
) from itching their faces on it.

They like to itch their rears on it and it gets all saggy (the fence, not their rears LOL)

We like stock panels and T-posts.
default_smile.png

I'm glad to see you are asking questions. Questions are a good thing! Don't hesitate.

I love no climb fencing. I also like field fencing as well.

I'd like to ask a couple of things if you don't mind.

What about shelter? That's very important.

Are you bringing home the baby at 3 months old without his mother? That's very young to be weaned.

Will you have another horse for him to be with? He should have a buddy.

Marty,

Im fortunate to have my brother as a contractor, he is building the shelter and installing the fencing for us. The arizona sun is relentless in the summer, so we will also install fans/and or cooling if necessary . Little Tic Tac will be about 5 months old when i bring him home. At this time I dont have plans for another, but that could change... the shelter and enclosure accomodations can easily allow for 2. i figured i would have my hands full with one little one.

love your adorable lil grand baby

Lindi,

thank you ! i am very excited.. my friends think i'm nuts and my mom thinks i have empty nest since my teens are going away to college this year... i told her at least this grand "child" you wont have to spoil on his birthday!

Hi everyone

Went to visit my little one today, He is about 7 weeks old now and is playful as can be, I cant wait to bring him home once he is weaned. Here are a few more photos of him.

tic tac 2.JPG

tic tac 7.JPG

tic tac 5.JPG

Tic Tac is home, and just like others have said, one is not enough, His playmate will be arriving as soon as he is weaned.

Here is a photo of Tic Tac, now that he is almost 6 months, and ( unnamed as of yet) foal who is 4 months.

The fun has just begun !

IMG_14581.JPG

post-45328-0-14415200-1386171427_thumb.jpg

Welcome from another Arizona Mini enthusiast! Yep, I agree, you can't have just one. I bet you are excited- they are so much fun!!

In answer to your question about fencing, it depends on what grade of chain link you use. If its the cheap flimsy stuff from Home Depot, etc.. dont bother. I went down to Western Fence and invested in 9 guage chain link. It is 'industrial' strength and mine looks as new as when I put it in. They CANNOT bend it. You need to run a wire at the bottom... and make sure it is stretched well. I have steel corner posts with braces- that is also a must, that are cemented in about 3' deep. This fence is heavy duty. I got sick and tired of the other lighter types of wire bending, breaking, getting pawed at and just generally looking like crap after a while.

The one with the blaze face is going to be a great horse! I can see it in his eyes! Both are really nice.

Latest posts

Back