Introduction New Member

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

april

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. My name is Chris, my user name is actually April which is my mini mare. I am a wildlife rehabilitator and a business owner. I used to raise Quarter Horses, show, and breeding. My last Quarter Horse died of old age of 32 four years ago, she was born and raised on my farm. I was really needing an equine fix and couldn't stand not having any horses around. Due to the nature of my business and my wildlife rehab I had very little time to working horses again everyday. The mini's seemed like the perfect fit. I purchase April last fall at 11 years old, she had been rescued by another mini person from an auction and this person had to outbid the killers. I had no other horses at the time and I knew they needed company. This owner had told me that she really thought one on one with a human would be best for her. I got her, she is an Angel. One month after I purchased her I found a weanling miniature donkey to purchase. His name is Reggie and is adorable, though a bit of a nightmare this spring due to needing to be gelded. Nowing better, I wanted to geld him in February before the fly season but there was nothing to geld. Well, he certainly became a monster quickly and had to be separated from April. Thankfully Tufts Veterinary was able to geld him last month. He is once again the loveable creature that he was last year. All and all, I geuss you could say I have downsized and I'm loving every minute of it. I am so happy to have found this forums because I am not very knowledeable on miniatures (though I'm learning quickly) and there appears to be alot of very knowledgeable people here. Very glad to meet all of you! I would add some photos but I haven't figured that out yet.

2011 10 25_0852.JPG

Welcome from Ohio. this is a great site to learn from. People here are willing to answer any and all questions. Enjoy your 2 new additions.

Welcome from Maryland!!! What a great way to start your life with miniatures!

Welcome from ME
default_saludando.gif

Any questions you are bound to have, you will find someone here to help you with them!

WOW, glad to see so many newcomers to Lil Beginnings in recent weeks!! WELCOME!! You sure have a couple of little cuties there!

Welcome the world of miniatures. I am in Western Massachusetts if you ever need anything. Please let me know.

You came to the right place for mini info and some really wonderful people.

Welcome from Australia! (i'm only new to minis too, so I won't be giving advice yet lol)

Welcome from Missouri. Your kids are totally adorable!

Welcome from New York
default_thumbup.gif

April and Reggie are cuties!!

This forum is full of experienced mini owners ready to help
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back