Introduction from San Luis Obispo, CA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slonewbt

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Janine and I have 4 minis ages 12, 16, 20 and almost 30. They all drive. I've had minis for several years. Love the littles! Just joined, looking forward to meeting you all!

Wow, 30?!! Welcome, do you have any pictures?

Wow, 30?!! Welcome, do you have any pictures?

I added my old guy's photo to my avatar....I'll try to attach a few more of all of them! :). My 30 yr old is the one in the single photo. The three in the driving picture are my new guys...I've had them just a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpeg
    IMG_3544.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7858.jpeg
    IMG_7858.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 9
Welcome from Utah. Come join us over on the driving forum to share your adventures hitched :)

I'm in northern Ca about 4 hours north of you. There were a lot of minis that used to come up to the HDTs here with a trainer from Pasa Robles but he moved to Texas last year.

Welcome! I'm new here to :)

Is 25yrs old to old for my mini horse to keep carting?? you seem to know a lot about them! (I know more about bigger horses just started with minis!)

Welcome! I'm new here to :)

Is 25yrs old to old for my mini horse to keep carting?? you seem to know a lot about them! (I know more about bigger horses just started with minis!)

I would say it depends on the health and condition of your mini. The nice thing about driving is that it is easier on them compared to weight bearing activities (like riding). I have a 20 yr old who was just diagnosed with cushings...I'm not sure if he will return to driving (maybe) but my 30 yr old is a fantastic driver and he loves it.

Latest posts

Back