Introducing...........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
I'm driving myself CRAZY!!!
wacko.gif

I do this every time I have a new foal. Try to think of an appropriate name that sounds good & can derive a "nickname" from it. I have lists & lists & more lists of names. And then I get onto the internet & look at hundreds more. That's not enough...I then get out the dictionary & scan thru that for hours!!!!

I'm no further ahead than I was 3 days ago.
rolleyes.gif

The names I narrowed it down to that I really like....don't contain anything in them that can be used for a nickname.
no.gif

Kickapoo Moon's Frame & Fortune

Kickapoo Moon Framed Me Afella

Kickapoo's Phenominal Moon

Kickapoo's Spectacular Moon

Kickapoo's Painted Moon

Kickapoo's Calico Moon

Kickapoo's I've Been Framed

Kickapoo's Framed & Fabulous

So I keep coming back to Kickapoo's Apache Moon.

I know it's "plain".....but it seems to fit him. (he's covered in "patches")

And the first horse I ever owned was a rescued Buckskin frame overo stallion....named "Apache".

Are there any others who have this much of a problem when naming their foals?

Here are a few new pics of him at 2 days old.

f353fb6f.jpg

f353fb73.jpg

f353fb71.jpg

f353fb78.jpg

aktion033.gif
SOLD.......sounds nice!
aktion033.gif

Oh, he is exactly what I'm trying to breed for, Dona. Could you PM me or post a photo of his sire PLEASE !!!

Congratulations on such a stunning little fellow. I like Painted Moon and call him Moonie. He looks like such a character, he needs a charming, endearing name.

Enjoy!

Cindy

saludando.gif

It may be plain but if it fits him.....

As for the others, there are names in their if you play with it:

Kickapoo Moon's Frame & Fortune : Ramy

Kickapoo Moon Framed Me Afella : Alfie

Kickapoo's Phenominal Moon : Nomie

Kickapoo's Spectacular Moon : Specs

Kickapoo's Painted Moon : Antz

Kickapoo's Calico Moon : Cal

Kickapoo's I've Been Framed : Ben

Kickapoo's Framed & Fabulous : Fabio

Dona, I love seeing your foals each year!!! They are always so striking and your new one looks like a Kickapoo horse for sure!!! Congrats on another gorgeous foal
biggrin.gif

He is gorgeous Dona!! I too like your first choice for names.

We also have a little frame colt named Moon, LOL.

He is black and was born on the day of the full moon in May, and my daughter named him Trehernes Dark Side of the Moon!
smile.gif

DunPainted said:
aktion033.gif
    SOLD.......sounds nice!   
aktion033.gif

Oh, he is exactly what I'm trying to breed for, Dona.  Could you PM me or post a photo of his sire PLEASE !!!

Congratulations on such a stunning little fellow.  I like Painted Moon and call him Moonie.  He looks like such a character, he needs a charming, endearing name.

Enjoy!

Cindy

saludando.gif

421308[/snapback]

Can't call him "Moonie", as that is his sire's name.
laugh.gif
LTDs Moonstruck (Moonie)

That is why I put "moon" somewhere in all of his kid's names.

Here are a couple pictures of his sire:

Moonie is not "graying"....he is a Black SabinoRoan Tovero, who carries LW Frame, Tobiano, Sabino...and possibly Splash. When he is clipped close, it kind of washes out his color...but it intensifies when the hair grows back in...and is very dark in winter coat.

fdef70c5.jpg

This is the only show photo I have of Moonie....and the photographer snapped the picture just as he blinked!
rolleyes.gif
Moonie actually has crystal blue eyes.

f351d924.jpg

Minimule....I guess I should have phrased it better. There were no nicknames I could derive out of those other names that I "liked" for this little guy. I came up with Fabio too, with that one name. But he just doesn't looke like a "Fabio".

Dona, what happened to the ones I took of him at the Urbana show when he was a yearling???
unsure.gif

There were some good shots, none close, and they were on a floppy...I remember the one really showed his neck well.

Cyndi....they must be on my old computer.
sad.gif
I was in the process of moving all my photo files over when the monitor went out. They have to be there, if I can ever get anothe monitor to bring them up & send them over to my new computer.

Wait a minute.....Urbana show? I remember you taking some at the Greenville show...but not Urbana. Are there some other pics of Moonie that maybe I haven't seen?

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY nice!! LOVE your mare..she is gorgeous!!

I like all of those names..and there are plenty of nicknames that can come out of them all
yes.gif
...just need to be creative
rolleyes.gif

-Kris

minimule said:
It may be plain but if it fits him.....
As for the others, there are names in their if you play with it:

Kickapoo Moon's Frame & Fortune  :  Ramy

Kickapoo Moon Framed Me Afella   :  Alfie

Kickapoo's Phenominal Moon    :   Nomie

Kickapoo's Spectacular Moon   :  Specs

Kickapoo's Painted Moon  :    Antz

Kickapoo's Calico Moon     :    Cal

Kickapoo's I've Been Framed    :  Ben

Kickapoo's Framed & Fabulous  : Fabio

421312[/snapback]

YEP!

Shawna we think a like again! Kickapoos Framed & Fabulous : Fabio

Yes, Donna I do the same thing. Days and days of searching lists, internet lists, other folks web sites and so forth, even the old World Show Schedules. Then when I quite trying a name will pop up..............

You will know when you have the right one and it sounds like you do already!

Then there is:

Moon Dust

Tiger Moon

Half Moon

Quarter Moon

Majestic Moon

Shinning Moon

Bay Moon

Uno Mas Moon

Apache Moon
aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh! Gotcha! How about Once in a Blue Moon? Apache Moon is great though.

Hey Dona I can solve your problem. Just send him along with momma to me and Ill worry about naming him,lol. And we have a whole line of overos here too with Moon names. They are all Gold Melody Boy bred overos. I guess overos make people think of moons?

Love the colt Dona!!! And boy can that mare trot or what
new_shocked.gif

My favorite out of your list is Moon's Frame and Fortune.

If you choose that name, how bout a nickname of Masterpiece. And he's definitely a masterpiece
yes.gif

That's the first thing I thought of when I read the name because when I was a kid my best friend had a jumper named Masterpiece and whenever I was talking about him I always thought of a framed masterpiece.

Don't feel bad Dona, it takes me months and months to name my foals! I had a filly last year that had no barn name for 8 months! I let them name themselves, the only name that fit her has nothing to do with her registered name LOL!

I like all of the names but maybe this one best?

Kickapoo Moon's Frame & Fortune
aktion033.gif

If he was a girl, he could be "Fancy" but maybe Frank? (No clue LOL)

I sent you an email that might help you now and later on.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back