Introducing...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
Well--I've had a colt name picked out for six years, and I only have one more chance to use it.
default_laugh.png
This is my 5th filly out of five foals born here over the last six years. I thought that would change in 2007, but nope, two more fillies. Surely the trend couldn't continue in 2009...so far a filly
default_smile.png
I love love love my girls, so I'm not complaining--it's that the colt name is so darn cute.
default_laugh.png

Kennedy was here for this entire birth. I checked milk after work yesterday and it was skim milk consistency, so I knew it was only hours away. She and I looked up foal names and ate popcorn while we waited for Gypsy to get started. 9:30 water broke and the filly was out with about five contractions. She's much smaller than Rosie... and either a silver bay or a silver dapple? If she's bay--she's a very different shade than Rosie is. Vet came today and all is well.

Chloe's due next--and it will be my last foal. Jazz has settled into geldinghood nicely.
default_smile.png

Note--foal blanket by Laura. She has two layered because it's chilly!
default_smile.png

IMG_8224.jpg

IMG_8226.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8634.jpg

IMG_8613.jpg

IMG_8622.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

Rachel, my daughter, missed this foaling due to college, so she's headed home with friends right now just for a few hours to meet Mazie.
default_wub.png

I was very grateful to have such an awesome barn buddy to keep this from being a lonely adventure.

Kennedy and me

IMG_8524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
She's a cutie, can't wait to see her unfolded.

I LOVE her!!!!

I look forward to seeing her grow and develop. You sure have good luck with the filly fairy!
default_smile.png

Angie

default_new_multi.gif
Yay!!!!! Congratulations, Karla!!!!!!!!! Beautiful. (BTW, your mare looks an awful lot like my Lexus...).

Congratulations, don't let anybody else know you've been hoggin the filly fairy. They'll be on a witch hunt for you!
default_torch.gif

Oh Karla, she is beautiful, she sure will be hard for you to give her up.
default_wub.png

Love her name Amazing Grace, was my moms favorite song.

Sure hope Chloe gives you a colt being your last foal and you need to use that name.
default_517.gif

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS [/SIZE]
pichorsefamily.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Karla....I love the name!
default_wub.png
and she is a cutie!

shes adorable. just makes you want to kiss her!

kay

Congratulations Karla!
default_wub.png
Beautiful baby! Glad all went well and you have a pretty little filly. Hopefully you get your colt though.

Congratulations again!

Rebecca

They'll be on a witch hunt for you!
default_laugh.png

Well, since I'm not in this for big business, and there were only two foals a year every other year, I didn't think it'd get anyone riled.
default_wink.png

I'll send the filly fairy off now... who wants her?

Mazie is adorable Karla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and Miss Gypsy isnt looking to bad for just foaling
default_wub.png

Karla, congratulations!!!!!!! Mazie is beautiful and perfect looking
default_wub.png
I love her full name
default_smile.png
Of course,loved your post as always!! Great pics ,too
default_wink.png
Enjoy your new little girl!

Congratulations on your pretty Mazie!! And what an opportunity you give Kennedy...

Congrats Karla! Bucky is a grampa again!

She is cute for sure. Kennedy seems to be growing up as fast as those foals do.

Mark

I'll send the filly fairy off now... who wants her?
UMMMM EXCUSE ME!?!?! We had a deal Miss Karla, she was supposed to be bottled up and on her way to me for my three girls! You KNOW how much I want Sky fillies this year!!!

Congrats on your pretty lil girl again!

Oh Karla, what an outstanding baby girl. You should be very proud! I just love her name, very feminine.

Congratulations - enjoy her!
default_wub.png

xox Leonie xox

Latest posts

Back