Introducing Whinny For Me Farm's 1st 2011 Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I'm tickled pink in two ways to introduce our first foal of 2011, Whinny For Me's Divine Destiny (link to her webpage). Divine is a double dilute, and I also think dun, pinto FILLY. She's our first pinto foal
default_smile.png

The dam is our sweet mare, Erica's Double Dipped, who is also the dam of our Cover Girl and Infinity buckskin cuties. The sire is our Res. National Grand Champion / National Champion / Hall of Fame stallion, Erica's Echos of My Destiny. Divine is a triple Buckeroo bred baby doll
default_wub.png

She was born at 3:15 this morning and has nursed, played and seems to be doing well all the way around. Vet will be out this afternoon for the things we check / do routinely
default_yes.gif

I get so nervous this time of year, but feel blessed to have exactly what I had been dreaming of -- a home bred double dilute, triple Buckeroo, baby girl
default_biggrin.png

Here she is, at just 4hrs old. My mommy goggles already tell me she's a knock out despite the fact that she's got a bit of unfolding and filling out to do
default_smile.png

Thanks for looking!!!
default_wub.png

Divine---02182011---4hrs-old-1.jpg

Divine---02182011---4hrs-old-4.jpg
Divine---02182011---4hrs-old-3.jpg

Edit to add pictures of her from today (one day old). Already filling out!

Divine---1-Day-Old---02192011-3.jpg

Divine---02192011-PM---018.jpg
Divine---02192011-PM---020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After hearing the stories of loss on this board (and my heart goes out to those loving people!), it's so great to hear a happy ending. Congratulations on your new arrival!

Jill, you couldn't have wished for anything more...she's DIVINE!

I'm tickled pink in two ways to introduce our first foal of 2011, Whinny For Me's Divine Destiny (link to her webpage). Divine is a double dilute, and I also think dun, pinto FILLY. She's our first pinto
default_smile.png

The dam is our sweet mare, Erica's Double Dipped, who is also the dam of our Cover Girl and Infinity buckskin cuties. The sire is our Res. National Grand Champion / National Champion / Hall of Fame stallion, Erica's Echos of My Destiny. Divine is a triple Buckeroo bred baby doll
default_wub.png

She was born at 3:15 this morning and has nursed, played and seems to be doing well all the way around. Vet will be out this afternoon for the things we check / do routinely
default_yes.gif

I get so nervous this time of year, but feel blessed to have exactly what I had been dreaming of -- a home bred double dilute, triple Buckeroo, baby girl!
default_wub.png

Here she is, at just 4hrs old. My mommy goggles already tell me she's a knock out despite the fact that she's got a bit of unfolding and filling out to do!
default_smile.png

Thanks for looking!!!

Very pretty filly! Congrats! Just wondering thou how she would get the dun gene with her parents being the colors they are? I always get confused with the cream gene and dun genes, but thought one parent had to carry the dun gene to get a baby with it?

Marsha

Thanks, everyone!!! I am happy happy happy!!! I didn't sleep much at all last night so hope for a nap after the vet is done here this afternoon. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz I actually dozed off before Double had Divine, for about 45 minutes. Next thing I know, H was saying we needed to get out there, Double was having the baby
default_new_shocked.gif
Darn Double probably says she had a real creepy feeling someone was staring at her until around 2:30am!

Marsha, yes, a horse does have to have at least one dun factor parent to be dun. We have a lot of dun horses here (it's one of my "things"). Double's sire (not owned by us) is a buckskin pinto. I have suspected he carries dun, however, as luck has it, his pinto white really covers the areas where you'd see the dun factor. Double is a pinto, but she is ALL white except for a buff colored "hood" over her head and a spot the size of a softball on her side. So she has no areas that would visibly show dun. She has foaled two buckskin fillies for me (by non-dun stallions) and they both exhibit dun factor. I've always wondered if Double is also a dun, and I think now with Divine being her third foal who looks to be apparently dun, I think it's more likely than not that Double is a dun double dilute pinto, and "ditto" for her new baby girl
default_yes.gif

A long time ago, I used to own a solid double dilute filly / mare (foaled out of a mare I bought). The mare (no longer mine) is silver buckskin dun w/ appy characteristics and the sire was a smokey silver black appy... no telling what that filly / mare may carry but hide. Silver, appy, dun were all possible! But not visible
default_biggrin.png

I loved seeing your new one.
default_aktion033.gif

Ours will be much later this year in April and May and it is nice to see such a pretty one now!!

wow, THAT gave me goosebumps Jill! I'm thrilled for you as I know how exciting this must be for you. Healthy and beautiful and so unique - and lets not forget FILLY to boot ! wow - could you have asked for more? Think not - she's perfect - congratulations!

Latest posts

Back