Introducing Trigger

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
I was really off on my dates with this one, we pasture bred this mare and I did not see them breed after the dates I wrote down because I had her due the latest as mid-May
rolleyes.gif
So we really waited on this one. We had the halter alarm on and camera's rolling for weeks----nothing----we were leaving to go to a show in Illinois on Friday morning, had neighbors set up to watch her while we were gone, a really close friend to take care of her for us while gone, but we were really worried about leaving her and another mare (other mare still holding out). My husband had just took the alarm off of her and turned her out with the other pregger mare and a mare that has a month and 1/2 old filly. We finished packing the last few things for the show and headed out to grab the horses to load on the trailer and Jay calls "we had a baby" across the yard! My first thing, "is it alive?", then "what is it?", I had so hoped for a filly--oh well. We have been a little over run on colts the past couple of years. He is a cutie tho
yes.gif
, my daughter already had him named before we left a little later then planned that morning. Let me introduce "Minih Smokin' Trigger". He looks to be a sorrel pintoloosa.

f34c82b7.jpg

f34c83f5.jpg

He's a darling little guy, congratulations!

Way to go!!!! At least she did it while u were still home. Wiith my luck mine would would have a dystosia 5 minutes after we left and 6 hours before the horse sitters come over. So dont feel too bad, u got a lovely loud healthy boy.

He has the most intrigueing color! Congratulations on his arrival before the show. How'd ya do?

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

what great color!!!!

Lyn
aktion033.gif

Very pretty and I would say definitely worth the wait.

He has the most intrigueing color! Congratulations on his arrival before the show. How'd ya do?
I put it on another post named "Illinois show", we were happy with our winnings! This is our last show until Nationals, we get to have a small break until then. The little stink is up on his legs pretty good now, he had been pretty wobbly when we left. He is sooo cute, and very friendly, kinda reminds of you a puppy the way he wags his tail and licks all over your arms and hands.
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats! he's a pretty boy.

sounds like she was just waiting for that alarm to come off.

so, were you at a show 11 months before he arrived?
rolleyes.gif

can I ask what the breeding is behind him? is daddy an appy as well?

Johnice his daddy is our Smokey, so no appy there and his full brother did not gray out. Trigger has some spots around his eyes and I don't see any grey rings so he should keep his color. His mom is a pintoloosa so that is the only place he gets the appy from. Here is a pic of his full brother from last year, no appy at all on him???? Go figure.
biggrin.gif

f3a0d330.jpg

Latest posts

Back