Introducing Sour and Honor!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeartHorse

Reaction score
Hello all!
default_saludando.gif

I'm Allyson, or HeartHorse as you've seen. I'm new to the forum but not new to foruming, and I figured that I would introduce myself and my minis to you! I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, so my appologies if I am in the wrong part of the forum.

This is Sour, or H//: She Don't Lie. She is a four year old chestnut AMHR/AMHA registered miniature horse mare. She and I have quite the story together, and she's had a long road to get her to where she is now. Beginning as an unhandled 6 month old with a halter that had grown into her face, slipper hoves, worms, and a horrible fear of people (specifically men), we've had a lot to overcome. Before coming to me she had been 'laid down' (a training technique) by an inexperienced man who all but ruined her and turned her into a nasty, blood thirsty horse. When I first met her, she would lunge at you with bared teeth, ready to tear or kick you to pieces, whichever end you met first. It took over a year to be able to lead and touch her without her shying away, and I still have problems with her from time to time around strangers. She's come a long ways though and is no longer known as the carnivourous horse at our barn ;)

Sour is a green broke single hitch driving horse. She has about 43 rides on her and I have done the majority of the training myself due to her touchiness around other people. She's a lovely girl but really is tough to handle if you are inexperienced. She displays a lot of dominant characteristics so its a new battle every day! She's my heart horse though, and I love her to bits- faults and all.

arena30-1.jpg

SourandI.jpg

Sour-h-1.jpg

I also own her first and hopefully only daughter, who is actually a miniature mule She is now 8 weeks old and a big puffball, but I only have pictures of her as a 2 day old. She is dun with primitive markings. She was born on 9-11-12 and thus was named Honor (H//: Honor The Brave) in rememberance of the day. She's a little trickster and insists that her name is not Honor but rather, Honory. She's always getting into trouble but is really a great little gal. She already leads beautifully and is now learning that yes, I am indeed smarter than her ;) (or atleast I fake that I am!) I'm not sure that she is allowed on the forum though, being a mule?

Honor30.jpg

WelcomeHonorandJigsaw078.jpg

WelcomeHonorandJigsaw071.jpg

What a nice pair of miniatures. The little mule sure is cute!! The mare is lovely also.
default_smile.png

Welcome from Ohio! Thanks for sharing! Love the pics! Yes we love pictures, even mini mules (adorable, by the way!)

You have had a rough road with Sour (did she earn that name?) but it looks as though you've done a wonderful job with her

and she is very pretty. And has apparently grown to trust you alot too. I'm so glad you understood she needed alot of patience many would have given up on her. She was very lucky to find you.

And Honor (what a great name) is just adorable

and welcome to the forum from NJ, hope you'll be sharing your progress with both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Southern Maryland! You've done a great job with Sour, and I agree with the others that the little mule is adorable!

Welcome to the forum! What an awesome story and bless you for making a difference in her life! She is beautiful and her little mule filly is just too darn cute for words! Thanks for sharing pictures!

Thank you, all! I didn't expect so many replies!

Yes, Sour certainly did earn her name, and unfortunately even though we've fixed all of her behavioral problems, she still carries her name proudly because nothing else seems to fit xD and just when I'm thinking that she does need a new name...she pulls a crazy stunt that just makes me shake my head and say 'yep, thats my Sour!' She really is a good girl though and she's always happiest when she's learning or has a job (unless its inhand jumping...she wasn't too pleased with that idea.) so putting her to cart was a great idea. We'll actually be in our first parade this upcoming spring and I'll be posting lots of pictures, I'm sure!

Thank you, for complimenting Honor and her name. She's quite a piece of work but thankfully shows none of the....er...violent tendancies that her mama did xD I, as well, love her refined little head and teacup muzzle. Being that she was born late I never did get to see her start shedding her foal coat though, and right now she's just a giant puffy teddybear with a shaved face. Its rather funny but I'm excited to clip her in the spring as see who's under all of the fur. If she shows potential I hope to start showing her locally as a weanling.

She was actually a bit of an accident and I'm very lucky that her sire is a decent little guy with quite a few wins under his 'belt.' I wasn't pleased that she had been bred at first but she's just too cute not to love!

I LOVE both of your cuties. Sour is one lucky girl. I am so glad that you saw through her tough gal exterior and are finding her inner talent and beauty.

That mini-mule baby could easily be slipped into a box and sent to me. Right away!

Congratulations!!! They look like they will both be a lot of fun and OMG... that baby is way too cute
default_wub.png

Sour is a pretty mare and looks like she enjoys being in harness. It is wonderful that you were able to work with her and have her trust in someone again. Your mule is so adorable!!! Good luck with both of them. Hopefully, we will hear more about them in future. :) Welcome to the forum :)

Latest posts

Back