introducing presley

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
after traveling clear across the state of missouri yesterday, presley is HOME!! i can't say enough about this rescue group. they have now provided me with TWO of the sweetest dogs on the planet!!! yesterday was ashley's one year anniversary with me so it seems only fitting that presley would join our little circle of love.

she was SO tired after her travels, she really just wanted to sleep so after the excitement waned a bit, that's what she did but not before she wandered around outside, investigating her new digs and even romping a bit with ashley. simon, of course, is in love yet again. presley is very tolerant of his attention.
default_smile.png
she's a bit on the thin side but her coat is lovely, shiny, and she is healthy in every other way. for a 9.5 year old dane, she can really move and she is SO graceful when she runs!

after she gets a couple of days of rest under her collar, i'll get better pictures but for now, here ya go!....

TIREDPRESLEY.jpg

ASHLEYPRESLEYSLEEPING.jpg

ASHLEYSIMONPRESLEY.jpg

and my favorite, so far...can we keep her mom??
default_aktion033.gif

CANWEKEEPHER.jpg

for anybody wondering if love at first sight is possible with a dog, i'm here to tell ya, IT IS!!!
default_wub.png

default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

YAY!!!! she is beautiful! I bet she is so happy, they know when they are home. Simon looks so proud of her, lol. I cant wait to see more pics.
default_yes.gif

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since you got Ashley!!!!

Presley looks like a sweetheart!!!! Glad you could give her a wonderful home!!!!!
default_wub.png

~kathryn

Yup! She's a keeper. She is a treasure Charlene! So are you!

me too, kathryn, a whole year!!!

thanks, all. presley is so darn sweet!! we're getting our routine down and she is already picking up on the phrases i use to get what i want. she's just a doll, very affectionate and seeks me out for ear rubs. her eyes are so soulful! i just love her and i think maggie would approve.
default_wub.png

Awwww~~ Charlene, he is beautiful. He looks like he really made himself right at home. You are a very special "doggie Mom" to open your heart and home up to him. I just bet Gary is looking down at you giving his approval with a big smile.

Charlene all I can say is it looks like she feels right at home. Looks like she's been there her whole life. Your home was her future, it just took a while for her to find it.

Sniffling here; I only just now read about Maggie's passing, I'm SO sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
And then for you taking in that beautiful, sweet old Great Dane-- *sniff* some more! That is such a wonderful thing to do!
default_wub.png
I love Great Danes, my "heart dog" is an 8 year old Harlequin Great Dane, named Hayley.

Congratulations your newest addition to your family, and my condolences on the loss of Maggie. I'm sure that Gary is happy to have her with him in heaven.
default_wub.png

Love the pictures.
default_wub.png
She looks like she's very comfortable in her new surroundings......like she's been there her whole life. Congratulations on your new arrival.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Sniffling here; I only just now read about Maggie's passing, I'm SO sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
And then for you taking in that beautiful, sweet old Great Dane-- *sniff* some more! That is such a wonderful thing to do!
default_wub.png
I love Great Danes, my "heart dog" is an 8 year old Harlequin Great Dane, named Hayley. Congratulations your newest addition to your family, and my condolences on the loss of Maggie. I'm sure that Gary is happy to have her with him in heaven.
default_wub.png
thank you, Magic. i miss maggie so much but i know she is at peace and since i know where she is and whose lap she is on, it makes it my loss a little less painful. i'm sure gary is happy to have her with him and i know darn good and well she is SO happy now!

thanks AppyLover, what a neat way to put it! presley is settling into her new forever home very well. she slept soundly all night and we have been out puttering around the farm. she and ashley have had a couple of bursts of energy, chasing each other around the fields and play bowing. THIS old gal is having a blast watching THOSE old gals having fun! simon just wants everybody to lay still for an good ear cleaning!
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back