Introducing our new adventure, never thought it would happen to me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimomNC

Reaction score
We have always been firm about showing only A size horses. We just never found the thrill of the larger minis. UNTIL we met Buckeye WCF Right On Target. When Justine brought him home, we just fell in love with him. He is one of the nicest horses that isn't A size we had ever worked with. So in having the chance to work with Target, we decided that if the right B size horse ever came along, we might just take a shot at showing the B size horses. Well at Nationals we found the right horse. He is a weanling colt that we plan on gelding this winter and he is currently 32" tall. I only have 3 horses taller than he is and they are all full grown. But he is wonderful, or so we think. He is ASPC/AMHR half Areanosa and his sire is Sundance LB Hot Topic (HOF). We have Annette and Dixon Helgeson of HHP Miniatures to thank for letting us bring this horse to the east coast. We can't wait to get him in the ring and see how he does.

So here is a picture of him, kind of hairy but we think he is beautiful.

HHP Golden Opportunity aka Otis (Dixon named him, not me LOL but it stuck) Oh and he is only 5 months old now.

otis5months.jpg

otis5months2.jpg

So when we got him we thought that taking one would be good, but when Cheryl asked if Samanatha wanted to show a sr B mare next year, we jumped at that chance too. So also on our new B show string will be

Lucky Trails Flirting With Fire - a soon to be 3 year old B mare that Cheryl bred, raised and trained. Man its nice to have generous friends that like to share their horses.

flirt.jpg

So even though we will be showing our A size horses in AMHA, we will also be showing our B size horses in AMHR. It sure will be an adventure and we are looking forward to it.

Welcome to the club Karen! Couldnt happen to a nicer person and yes, I am also experiencing generous good friend Cheryls kindness with Robbys little tiny mare Lovey.

I have known Flirt all her life, she is awesome and we brought his colt back from nationals for Karen and he is REALLY nice!

Lyn

You already know I think he's fabulous!!! And how cute I think his barn name is, too!!! (I've been wanting an "Opie" maybe here...)

Cheryl's mare is also mighty easy on the eyes!!! Way to go!!!

party.gif
party.gif

I've got photos of Otis all clipped up at the Evergreen show and can vouch that he's just adorable! What a love.
default_wub.png
Cheryl's mare is amazing too, I love her outline.

Leia

very pretty boy there! I just love the look of the mare. Looks like you guys have a nice show string for next year.

Atta girl Karen, never say never and congrats for expanding your horizens. I love love love the arenosa line and Annette is THE BEST !!!! Nice nice nice horses.

Best of luck to you and Samantha. You will do great.

Ahhhh - you too have crossed over to the . . . dark side . . . young Luke, er, Karen

I also have succumbed to the lure of the Empire. Hmmm - I wonder if it's nationals related??

I bought a filly there that is half Shetland, AMHA/AMHR. Congrats!

LOL I wasn't going to call it the Dark Side, but yes thats what we have been saying. I love my tiny horses, the 30" and unders but I love the look of the Areanosa bloodlines too. This colt is amazing in his personality and temperment. As for the mare, we are just darn lucky to have Cheryl for a friend since she raises such wonderful horses. She will definately be easy to spot in the ring. And if you can't tell in the picture, the circle around her eye is not connected to the black on top of her head, there is white between them so it looks like an eye patch up close. Plus she has blue eyes. I think she will do very well for us.

Hobbyhorse, I would love to see the pictures of Otis at the show, it was the only one he went to and won his class. I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full.

Thank you everyone, I think we are going to have alot of fun with these two, but we also have two AMHA horses to show too, so its going to be busy next year.

Gorgeous horses Karen - your colt is a heartbreaker! There is so much appeal to both aspects of the mini world, nice that we can enjoy both!
default_smile.png

Jan

Awww nice horses....

Annette is wonderful and I hope you enjoy your new babies!

We really think alot of Annette and Dixon and are looking forward to Otis growing up. A friend of ours also bought a filly from them that we will be helping condition and show. So its going to be a fun year.

the mare.... the colt....the mare....the colt...the mare... the colt.....

I can't Choose!!!

Like them both very much!

Beautiful
default_wub.png

"Bigger is better" or, so I say
default_wink.png
. I like to apply that saying to my miniatures AND shetlands
default_laugh.png

Wow! Beautiful horses and a friend that helped you out. You are a very lucky person. Taller is better do we see some taller CDE horses in your future! I bet they would both do great in the future.

Latest posts

Back