Introducing my new kids.....Red and Rascal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novachick

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have posted several times over the past few months to get advice on my search for a buddy for my daughters filly, Goldilocks! I got lots of great advice and have found her the perfect friend...oops, FRIENDS! (of course couldn't get just one, right?
default_wink.png
)

I have to saw THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to Coventry Lane Farm for allowing them to become ours! Pam and Scott are so absolutely wonderful! Pam talked horses with me for hours over the phone and they were very accomodating of us coming out to visit, even in the midst of getting ready for the Area II show in Ashland this weekend. They showed us all their horses and shetlands, and gave us lots of tricks and hints for showing and just general horsey care! It was a wonderful trip!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

So here they are, our new kids:

First, the original guy we went to see...Coventry Lane's Right on Time AKA "Rascal". He was born on February 25th 2008. His color is kind of confusing to me, I think we'll see some changes over time and he'll have some sabino roaning like his sire. His dam is TLC's Miss Elusive and sire is Little Wee Lord of the Ring. Lordy has a very impressive show record on the National level with too many championships for me to even name!

Picture do not do Rascal the justice he deserves, I'm so glad we went to see him in person!
default_wub.png

Here he is before clipping:

3-13-08_278Rascal.jpg

And at about 3 months old after clipping:

untitled.jpg

Rascalclipped2.jpg

And, here was our surprise purchase...towards the end of our visit, I asked Scott if he has any of his mares for sale and Pam brought out Teaselwood's Queen of Diamonds aka Red, a small sorrel mare who is bred to their National Champion stallion, Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo, a black leopard appalossa, for a 2009 foal. This foal should be stunning!

Here's Red:

Red.jpg

Red proceeded to follow my 4yr old daughter around the pasture and absolutely capture our hearts.
default_wub.png
We weren't planning on getting 2 and certainly weren't looking for something as small as she is, but I knew immediately she would be a great horse for my daughter to work with and gain some confidence with. I'm kind of nervous about the whole foaling process, but I figure I have lot of time to do my reading and will be looking on here for lots of advice!

I am also really looking forward to doing some mother-daughter showing in the local fun shows to get our feet wet! I can't wait until these guys get here at the end of August, but in the mean time, we have some building of stalls to get done!

Thanks for letting me share my new friends!
default_biggrin.png

Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful pair of minis
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
I think you are right about Rascal roaning as he gets older
default_wink.png
And Red is just stunning
default_wub.png
CONGRATS on your new additions to the family
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

You have some beautiful kids there!!! Rascal is just adorable and Red looks so sweet. I bet you will be having a ton of fun in no time!

Beautiful horses!
default_wub.png
Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone! We are so excited about them...it seems like forever until we can get them home, but I know they will be here before we know it!

Thanks again Pam and Scott!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back