Introducing my dream stallion!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini horse mania

Reaction score
Introducing Nostalgias Double Jeopardy!!!! He has sired some awesome foals over the years (my fav. of them is the last pic) He was hardshipped into AMHA and R. he is 17 years old and is a top ten halter champion. I have been eyeballing him for so long and scraping enough cash to get him, deciding against, for and weighing options- i want color, temperament and the beautiful build he seems to pass on......soooooo---- I sent off the deposit for him this morning!!! We will be making a long trip in about a month to go get him. he is broke to a cart, and boy will I be using him!!!! I m soooo tickled to death!!~!
default_aktion033.gif
His grandson Whistle Stop is the last pic---he is gorgeous!!

dj3.jpg

dj2.jpg

djson.jpg

Whistle_Stop_grandson.jpg

Congrats on your colourful new boy. Love his offspring. Is he LWO+? If he is I expect you'll have to have all your mares tested.

Since he's older, has he produced in the last year? If not, did you get a fertility test on him? I ask, only because I have never purchased an older stallion. I know with young stallions, seller often guarantee fertility.

Lizzie

wow congratulations
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I love those splashed white markings and I would guess that judging by the ragged edges on the white he could be LWO+ too
biggrin.gif

Congratulations! He is beautiful!!! If you are not too far from me I would love to see him in person!!!

Lisa

He is indeed LWO positive. I do have 2 black overo mares so far, so I wont be breeding them to him. I also have a buckskin and a silver buckskin that I hope to breed to him. He has sired 2 foals in the last year from what I was told.
default_biggrin.png

AWESOME!!!! love that stallion, guess ya'll know why to!!!! you will get great color from him, and buy you some black sabino mares to breed to him, you will get loud color EVERY time, that is what i am breeding his son to!! Best of luck with him!

Well, I can see why you are excited. Congratulations! He looks really nice.
default_wub.png

Nothing better then getting a horse you've been admiring for awhile
default_yes.gif
I've done it twice now!

Enjoy him!

I actually looked into breeding one of my mares to him a number of years ago, he is a lovely stallion. I'd love to see new pictures, those ones of him have been around for ages
default_laugh.png
. Looking forward to hearing more about him! Who owned him last?

Well- DJ is coming home next weekend- he is at Peaceful Ridge right now in Tennesee--

lil hoofbeats- i didnt know you had his son- i looked at your site, and your foals are WOW!!!
default_wub.png
I may be interested in a grandaughter of DJ shortly.. lol..

I will take some new pics. Those are old....I was told he drove, and now find out he was ground broke with a harness on- no cart- ----oh well- we will be finishing that up!!

He is a beautiful stallion! I just purchased one of his daughters, Nostalgias Alimony! She is awesome!!!

Congratulations on your acquiring DJ. He is really, really nice. And thank you so much for your compliment on our stallion, Whistle Stop. We love him too, not only for his color and pattern, but for his personality and temperament. E-mail me sometimes, would love to talk about them.

Very pretty little horse!

Of course, if neither of your mares is LWO+ then they are safe to breed to him, just as the "solid" mares should also be tested as they too can carry LWO+

Better safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Back