Introducing more donks?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
My friend has the opportunity to rescue 2 more Jennys (one 6 and one 16) She presently has a Jack and a Jenny (both @ 3 yrs) who get along great together. How is it when you add more girls?

Will they all cohabitate nicely together?

Is there a good way to add more?

She needs to let this lady know ASAP so any info will help.

I have never had a problem introducing my jennies to a new "friend". Mine do get to meet each other over a fence line for a few days before I actually do put them in the same pastures. Mine seem to get along very well..right from the start, which is more then I can say for some of my horses! My donkeys just seem to be so much more peaceful all the way around, including my little Zeebo who I have only had 2 weeks now! I just had him out for the first time with another just recently gelded jack, and my hinny, both 2 yr olds. .(.these 2 both just were gelded last Saturday,) Zeebo is 11 months old, and everything went great..they all got along like they have shared there pasture since the day they were born. Zeebo had been out for the past 2 weeks in a stallion run which is inside my front pasture area, so he also did get to meet everyone thru a fence prior to actually being in the pasture with them. I have never had any of my donkeys kick or bite at a new one. Corinne

Latest posts

Back