Introducing Marshmellow!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katrina,

Thank you so much for all you have done for this poor little mare. I just cannot believe people can actually let their horses get in that kind of shape. How can this guy possibly not know the awful starving shape she is in? Plus the pain she must have with an eye that looks like that!

Thank goodness you were able to get Marshmellow out of that awful, horrendous place! I hope they throw the book at that man and take all the remaining animals he has away from him.

Welcome to the Forum and please keep us updated on that precious Marshmellow.

When I know how little it really takes to keep a mini plump--that condition is
default_new_shocked.gif

I hope he's banned from ever having animals again.

...after he's spent a good deal of time hungry.

OMG this mare is in horrendous shape - I don't know how she is still alive. Thank the good Lord that she has been rescued - thankyou to all involved in removing her from that monster's farm. That person should be charged, thrown in jail and never allowed out again. And while he is in there - perhaps don't bother feeding him. Stories like these are awful - although Marshmellow is in good hands now. She has a long long road to recovery - but she obviously has a will to live and now that she has proper feed - and her eye will be looked after - she will probably come back to life quickly.

I bought (yes I paid money for) a mare last year that was in bad condition - but no where near the condition that Marshmellow is in.

Please keep us updated on her condition. I can't stop crying about this poor little mare. This is just awful.

default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
My heart is hurting for this sweet mare.How and Why would someone do this.
default_no.gif

Keep us posted on her.

Wow, that is incredible. How can anyone possibly with a heart, let anything like that hapen to an animal. She looks like something out of the Holocast. How old is she, and does she have any teeth? Again, incredible. I am so glad you got her out of her situation. It will take a long time for her to recover, even then she will probably not be the same, but she will be alive.

Flame.

Wow, that is incredible. How can anyone possibly with a heart, let anything like that hapen to an animal. She looks like something out of the Holocast. How old is she, and does she have any teeth? Again, incredible. I am so glad you got her out of her situation. It will take a long time for her to recover, even then she will probably not be the same, but she will be alive.

Flame.
Flame - She is approx 14 years old. She does have teeth. (But I don't belive they are in great shape). Which isn't going to help her much until they get done. It looks like they have been let go for some time.

Such shocking neglect.
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
I can't believe someone is so ignorant that they can let an animal go into such a decline. It is WONDERFUL that she now has a new home with you.
default_aktion033.gif
Looking forward to Marshmellow's new & improved pics!

This is such a sad story and while reading I couldn't but help to tear up also. The world is often filled with such cruelty for both animals and humans, but the ray of sunshine is people like you and the other wonderful rescue people, who put the extra effort in relieving the suffering.

This man needed to be asked the question, "How many is too many", a long time ago.

God Bless everyone involved with Marshmellow and all the other people who are there for those that are suffering.

I just showed my husband the pictures of Marshmellow - and he read the postings. He has tears running down his face he is so choked up. Neither of us can believe that a human being would ever allow a horse to be in such horrendous condition. This person couldn't be human - he is a monster - plain and simple.

Continued prayers for this little mare for a full recovery.

AT REQUEST OF THE VET THE NUMBER FOR DONATIONS HAS BEEN REMOVED!

We are working on setting up something for the donations towards her surgery. I will update soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!! I read this about 10 minuted ago but started crying so hard I couldn't reply until now!!! That is SOOO depressing!! God bless you for saving this little girl!!! Thank you for saving her life,Amelia

That is so sad. Even after reading your post I was shocked to see the pictures. I have no patience or empathy for anyone that would do that to any animal. It makes my heart ache.

Thank you for taking her from that place, I only hope it is not too late for Marshmallow.
default_no.gif

Thank you so much for taking the time to take care of this little mare. This just breaks my heart.........I don't understand why people that can't take care of their animals don't ask for help. Maybe they don't know where to go for help??? maybe because they see the animal everyday they are blind to what is taking place?
default_sad.png

No words, can describe how I felt when I first saw the picture, or how I felt towards her past owner!!! How ANYONE can do something like this is beyond me. (((hugs))) and make the BIG (((HUGS))) to you for getting this poor little mare out of there. I am so glad she is in a safe place with someone who cares about her. Prayers going out for Marshmallo that she makes a full and complete recovery.

I cannot fathom what makes people torture animals. Bless you for saving this poor horse.

Latest posts

Back