Introducing Marshmellow!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad she's going to a better home! She looks so sweet. And, she was rescued on the day of my mom's birthday, and my cousin's wedding.
default_wub.png

I can't wait to hear *and maybe see* updates on this mare.
default_yes.gif

Marshmellow's Story Continued:

Marshmellow arrived at Equine Eden late that night. She has her own stall and was feed hay and a handful of Senior Feed. She was settled in for the night. She is kept indoors at all times because of her light color. She is now on beet pulp and senior feed.

When she was rescued she had no name. I called Suzanne and suggested a name, but I told her she did not have to use it. I suggested Marshmellow! Well an hour later I logged on to the website and she had chose Marshmellow. The feeling I had was undescribable. Shoot, the feeling of knowing that I helped save such a wonderful animal is amazing.

We posted her story on Craigslist (and her former owner LOVES to flag it!). Well since posting numerous people have responded that they tried to get Marshmellow from her former owner. So the story has thickened! Heidi had contacted Gina, and in return Gina forwarded her e-mail to me. I called Heidi and talked to her on the phone for an hour. She has miniatures and also drives. (She is also the one who told me about this site!)

So far we have about 5 people who have came forward and have said that the man who owned her would not give her away! He wanted to give her to whoever bought her colt. All he wanted was money! Ugh! Some people disgust me.

There is now an ongoing case against the former owner. We are *hopefully* going to meet with the Ag Deputy today and see how the case is progressing.

Gina called the former owner (Art) and gave him a good licking! He claims she is in good health! OMG That man needs glasses! Then he tried to tell her I gave her a body score of 5! I was like NO! I said 1.5 to a 2. She is definitely no 5!

When Heidi went to look at her, every animal on the property was nursing off of her like she was a soda fountain, and he seen no problem with it! (This included cows, pigs, the colt, and the donkeys!) This was 3 weeks before he ‘gave’ her to the rescue. I was told that he received a citation (ticket) on her and they told him that he had 3 days to rehome her or he would be arrested. When I arrived he also had told me that the mare and foal were ‘payment’ for some goats that a lady had bought.

That’s about all of her story so far. The story is still unfolding. I will keep her story up-dated when I learn more.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I will be sure to pass them on to Marshmellow.

I am SO happy to hear that she got a good home with you and is now being propperly taken care of, those photos are just to hard to look at
default_no.gif

I think she will turn out to be a BEAUTIFUL mare with time and propper care
default_yes.gif

How sad. Please PM me if you have paypal please send it to me I would like to give a donation in care of Rodie's Mini Ranch!!! I am in tears over this mare!!! You are so special!!!

Welcome to the forum and bless you for saving poor Marshmellow!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I just don't understand how someone could let a horse get in that condition.
default_no.gif

OMG!!!! I am at a loss for words. Her pics made me jump when I seen them not ready for what I saw. Bless you for taking her on, Some people are just evil. Poor mare.

What a sad story for a life, hopefully someone will come along, take her home and give her the love she has been missing. God Bless you all for getting her the much overdue/almost too late attention she needed.

I have absolutely zero tollerance for this kind of abuse.

I have sooooo had it and am just fed up.

These people need to be brought down period.

Thank you so much for helping Marshmello.

You are a hero and those that helped you.

I am SO GLAD that Marhsmellow is with you now........GOD will bless you both!

Beth

You can still take donation. Just make it clear to donors that she is not a 501c3.

You can set it up with paypal so folks can donate.

StellaLenoir - She is now located in Moore Haven, Fl @ the Equine Eden Rescue.

The website is www.orgsites.com/fl/horse-adoption

uwharrie - Yes, we are going to be allowed by a couple of local bussiness to set up a 'donation jar' to collect donations for her. Also, donation info is listed on the website. (She is working on getting her non-profit status set up, but until then cannot take cash/money donations.

You can still take donation. Just make it clear to donors that she is not a 501c3.

uwharrie - Yes, we are going to be allowed by a couple of local bussiness to set up a 'donation jar' to collect donations for her. Also, donation info is listed on the website. (She is working on getting her non-profit status set up, but until then cannot take cash/money donations.
How would we go about setting up a paypal account??

go to paypal.com they have instructions on how to set up an account.

really easy to do. you think would provide a donation link on the webpage. ( they have instructions on that as well)

How would we go about setting up a paypal account??

Wow! Poor girl! I'm sure glad she found you and I hope you can get her to a full recovery so that she can have a happy life!
default_wub.png

Bless all of you for seeing that that poor girl has a chance at life, as she obviously didn't have a chance in Hades where she was.

Dear God
default_crybaby.gif
default_no.gif

I burst into tears and my chest hurts looking at that poor mare.

That is sick and that man......I'd get banned if I spoke my mind!

Bless all that are involved in saving her!
default_wub.png

OMG her eye is what kills me. HOW could you let something suffer like that. I got a piece of wood in my eye and I had to go to the Dr to have it removed. It was so painful I thought I would loose my mind. I can't even imagine what she was feeling. Poor little mare. I am so glad you got her out of there.

default_new_shocked.gif

How can any human being go to bed and feel good about themselves, when they have an animal in the pasture that looks like that!

Thank you so much for getting her out of there!

Latest posts

Back