Intestinal Dumping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had to deal with Intestinal Dumping? Or otherwise known as Gastric dumping syndrome, or rapid gastric emptying or Dumping syndrome...

For those that don't know, this is when the lower end of the small intestine, the jejunum, fills too quickly with undigested food from the stomach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh. I don't think I ever heard of that one but it sure doesn't sound fun. What happens next? Are you unable to digest your food or what does this mean? Really hope it is nothing too serious for you.
default_no.gif

Yep, deal with it fairly often. You can PM me if you wish.

ETA: Meant to say sorry if you're dealing with this because it's not fun at all. And especially if it's a new experience for you it can be really scary feeling. After it happens a bunch it still stinks but you know it will pass. For me, drinking water helps.

Last edited:
Well....in short, just means you get sick every time you eat. Severe cramping, bloating, nausea, sweats, headaches, stomache ache, fatigue, you name it. Happens with even simple things like a banana.

Strange tho, happens more to people that have had gastric bipass....(sp) which I have never had.

Still waiting for more details tho....

Thanks StarRidgeAcres I will do that.

Latest posts

Back