interesting bed mates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
My husband and I live out in the country. We love our house. It is a rough finished cedar house with a porch all the way around. Each spring some wandering mommy cat has her litter under the porch and we get to watch them play and grow. We feed them (duh) and find them all good homes....we.....sorta all of them. Each year there has been one left over kitty. So now we have 5 inside cats. Yes, five of them.

This year we got a puppy who spends his days outside and nights inside. That has put a stop to stray cats under the porch as they are afraid of the dog.

Several weeks ago I had just about had it with cat hair on my pillow, cat hair on the bed, cat hair in the sink. I blew up when i saw one of them rubbing on my toothbrush!!! So I laid down the law of the land. FROM THIS DAY FORWARD NO CAT SHALL CROSS THE THRESHOLD INTO THE BEDROOM!!! And so I rest, hairless on the bed, use a hairless sink, can actually get dressed withoug becoming covered in cat hair.

The dog typically sleeps on the floor of the bathroom. Last night, for some odd reason, he seemed to think the bed was just made for him. So he jumped up in bed with us. We promptly dumped him on the floor and after much huffing and puffing on his part, he went to his usual place in the bathroom and settled down. (fast forward to early this morning) Picture this: I'm asleep in bed, I'm slowing waking up and it's before the alarm, I am thinking what a wonderful hubby i have and how much i love him, i reach my arm over and hug him and snuggle up next to him........then i wonder.........he sure is rather...er....um.....hairy this morning. WAIT ONE COTTON PICKING MINUTE, THAT'S NOT MY HUSBAND, THAT'S THE DOG!!! And was he ever pleased with himself. He had snuck back sometime during the night, gotten between us and was laying on his back, with his front legs over his head, and his back legs out. Good think I didn't kiss him!! ewwwww

Anyway, it was pretty funny.

Shelley

Oh, you would flip out if you saw who my husband and I share our bed with!!! Three of our four shih-tzu's sleep on the bed (however, they do not shed), one of the cats and our lab x chow!!! One of the shih-tzu's and our collie sleep on the floor. And, I kiss my dogs all the time and they all know what "can I have a kiss?" means.

dog41.gif

We share our bed with both our dogs and both our cats, plus a kid or two at some point during the night. It's a pretty crowded queen size bed. The dogs even have their own chaise lounge to sleep on, but they don't do it very often. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Christy
wub.gif

yep been there laid down the law too.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
....as much good as that did we have 2 siamese who sleep with us most nights UNLESS they start tearing around up curtains and across my desk and dresser then it is bye bye kitties
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
that prompts them to complain LOUDLY outside our door....we just took in a very aged chow chow so our room now has the meows on the bed and the chow on the floor (she can't jump) ....my oldest son sleeps with his standard poodle (the dog also has his own recliner in the room should he prefer that)...my youngest sleeps with his PIG and in the winter his german sheperd (dog and pig argue and in summer the dog prefers his crate on the porch) our living room is occupied by our antique borzoi she has the couch
wacko.gif
naughty dog or her very own antique buffalo hide.....My hubby gave up and just bought a king sized bed so there would at least be a little room for us
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Husband and I sleep with up to 8 cats on a King size bed...until one of the cats started doing 2am Commando raids on the inhabitants of the bed, cats AND humans!

Now the Commando-Kitty sleeps in the living room while the rest sleep in undisturbed comfort with us. I'll give C-K a while to think about being alone at night, and then try him with everyone again...

Maybe I need to play with him more during the day and get him tired out so he'll sleep at night. C-K was a feral tomcat for the first 9 years of his life...until he came into my barn with a broken leg and was promptly retired from his life of feral-ity and seperated from his, well... his, tomcat-ness. He really has made a good housecat and gets along well with the other kitties. I just can't take the raids on the bed in the middle of the night from him trying to get up a game of chase.

Heidi

Latest posts

Back