Info On Symptoms For Pet Food Recall

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
I asked my vet today about the symptoms my pets would experience if they were going to have a reaction to the tainted pet food.

About 3 weeks or a month ago I fed one pouch each to my 4 dogs from one of the contaminated brands (mixables).

My dogs seem fine (crossing fingers), but thought I would ask my vet how far down the road symptoms could appear.

My vet said that usually symptoms would occur within 1 week after consumption. First symptom is lethargy, followed by increased drinking and urination, then refusal to eat and vomiting.

Just thought I would pass the information along..........I know I can't be the only one worrying
default_unsure.png
:

I took my mom's cat to the vet 4 days ago with those symptoms... he was also running a high fever with mucus in his stool.... she had just went a few days before that and bought Special Kitty to feed him. She's one of those that don't like to watch the news because of all the bad stories and not enough good ones. She was telling me what her cat was doing and had just started it the day before. Within two days he had lost almost 5 pounds. He's doing better but I could NOT believe that we went the day I told her about the recall and there was still those brands of feeds at the store. Now Snoozy is coming home tomorrow but the vet has ran some tests and documented EVERYTHING!! I believe we have experienced what the recalled food can do or tried to do.

Thank you for that information. This has been a total nightmare! By now you have probably heard me reiterate many times on several posts that we live closeby one of the distribution centers here in NJ where they are still knocking out the pet foods. I am keeping an eagle eye on my girls as unfortunately I would mix some of the Nutro and Nutro Max cans with thier Nutro dry. I have to say, I stopped giving them any cans at all...even different brand names not on the recall...and last night me and hubby went to a pet store and purchased a bag of Canidae to start changing them over. I can't see myself sticking with the same brand name that gives me the heebie geebies whenever I think of what it and many more have done to many dogs and cats involved in this horrendous trajedy. I hope and pray all of our pets stay healthy and that no others get sick.

Latest posts

Back